Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Cromulent
macrumors 603

Unison 2 out

Unison 2 was just released for those of you who use Usenet quite a bit. It looks pretty good so far, although I am slightly annoyed they are charging an upgrade fee. It might even make me resubscribe to Giganews again.
Cromulent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2010, 11:06 PM   #2
ooninay
macrumors member

I think it's a long time since they've put out a major upgrade like this (and they said it was complete rewrite, which I believe after using it for a couple of days), so I don't really begrudge them charging a modest upgrade fee. I find the new version much more intuitive to use and also "smarter" in that it seems really well designed for people who like to download binaries.

The one thing I don't understand is the auto unpar/unrar/join thing, which sounds great except I can't get it to work. The promo webpage for Unison 2 says "Built-in UnPAR/UnRAR/Join, no external tools needed." Almost everything I download is broken down with .par files yet Unison doesn't combine them after downloading; I have to run MacPar to do that... so either I'm not setting something properly or it's not doing what it says it will do.
ooninay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 11:14 PM   #3
chkdg8
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooninay View Post
so either I'm not setting something properly or it's not doing what it says it will do.
They fixed a bunch of stuff since your last post.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:06 PM   #4
rlandry6
macrumors newbie

I'm beginning a long learning curve after spending 15 years with Windows. I thought I had Unison configured correctly, set up to create individual folders for each category. When I tried to DL a single binary, it loaded up the folder with what looked like everything in the list and also renamed the files numerically. Where do I start with this. I was using NBPro with Windows, which let me select specific fles and it created a folder for each separate newsgroup that I downloaded from. I would like to get this to do the same but I'm stuck.
rlandry6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store