Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wafflausages

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
I've been noticing that it takes a couple presses to get my phone to sleep. I've never dropped my phone or anything. I've had it since release. Does anyone else have this issue :confused:

Erock2

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2012
I've been noticing that it takes a couple presses to get my phone to sleep. I've never dropped my phone or anything. I've had it since release. Does anyone else have this issue :confused:

I have been having that issue lately too!! It's annoying! I took it to the Apple store today and they told me I had to do a DFU restore? instead of a restore, so I agreed and they did it but I am continuing to have the same problem! :mad:

Liljusepy

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
I also have this issue. Sometimes it takes 4-5 presses to get sleep to function. It started the day after the 6.0.1 update. I hope 6.1 will fix it!

neil bp

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2006
I have the same issue. I received a new iphone 5 in the mail yesterday, activated it and the sleep/wake button doesn't do a thing. Fail.

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas

Here are the steps to take to resolve this issue.

1) Get into your car
2) Drive to nearest (or furthest) Apple Store
3) Walk into Apple Store
4) Talk to Genius
5) Possibly have phone repaired or replaced
6) Go home happy or sad depending on result

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Exactly. get it switched out asap. an iphone with a non-responsive sleep button means major battery drain because the screen is always on

The screen auto dims and the phone goes to sleep on its own. Obviously you want your sleep button to work, but the phone will still sleep if you don't push it.

Liljusepy

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
Thing is, I have a feeling this is not hardware related. My issue started right when I updated.

Liljusepy

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
Decided to drop by apple today when I was in the neighborhood. Was there for a total of about 10mins and left with a new phone. They didn't even want to mess with it so I didn't figure out what exactly was causing the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.