Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:42 PM   #76
EMAN19
macrumors 6502

The biggest iPad mini flaw is the poor build quality.

They never should have used black anodized aluminum. Also, the bezel is not flush with the screen, so now there's a gaping crevice around the iPad mini, which will surely build up dust, dirt and other crud.
EMAN19 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:43 PM   #77
Buckeyestar
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakener View Post
Low quality screens were perfectly acceptable? Don't think so.
(Again, no one reads the threads before commenting. It is not all about retina).
Everybody thought the iPad 2 was great 7 months ago. It's suddenly unacceptable now?
Buckeyestar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:43 PM   #78
Appl3FTW
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyestar View Post
Everybody thought the iPad 2 was great 7 months ago. It's suddenly unacceptable now?
U mean ipad 3? ipad 2 was last year
Appl3FTW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:47 PM   #79
Buckeyestar
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appl3FTW View Post
U mean ipad 3? ipad 2 was last year
iPad 2 was still the new iPad until March of this year. The iPad 3 was released 7 months ago, prior to that the iPad 2 was viewed as great.
Buckeyestar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:51 PM   #80
AdonisSMU
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAN19 View Post
The biggest iPad mini flaw is the poor build quality.

They never should have used black anodized aluminum. Also, the bezel is not flush with the screen, so now there's a gaping crevice around the iPad mini, which will surely build up dust, dirt and other crud.
I noticed that too. I cant swap this thing out for a white one fast enough.
AdonisSMU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:56 PM   #81
Anti-Lucifer
In Time-Out

You haters crack me up. The ipad 3 uses the same CPU as the ipad 2. The gpu is different in the number of cores to power the retina resolution. Everyone is raving about how lame the ipad 3 is when they own an iPad 2 and countless threads saying the retina is not much different than the iPad 2 screen. Everything about the iPad 3 was about how it ran identical to an iPad 2. Apps loaded up the same, some games actually ran slower at retina resolution than the iPad 2.

Now all of a sudden the iPad mini is crap because the new iPad 4 is out. How fickle you haters are. iPad 2 still owns many competitor tablets in the gaming department. Hell it beats nearly all the other tablets in real world use with the rich apple ecosystem. Most of you haters just care about screen specs.

Look at the wii. It sucked in graphics but made up supremely in games. But yes ultimately the screen does matter. But the ipad mini really isn't as bad as you haters make it to be. Is actually good enough.
Anti-Lucifer is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:03 PM   #82
Appl3FTW
macrumors 6502a

ipad 2 is still a great device... people are just being picky.. sheesh i thought i was anal when it comes to my apple toys
Appl3FTW is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:15 PM   #83
panda bear
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakener View Post
Funny how everyone who says the Mini's display looks great can't wait for the retina version. It's not just the resolution, it's washed out, ugly.
I don't really see why that is funny. You can be happy with a product that you have, but want the improved version when it becomes available.

I am very happy with my mini, but if one with a retina display is released at the same price, I will purchase it.
panda bear is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:47 PM   #84
Fruit Cake
macrumors 6502a

I created the RMA to return my 16gb blk wifi mini today. Had no reservations doin so. Good riddance! Yuck
Fruit Cake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:32 PM   #85
Awakener
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyestar View Post
iPad 2 was still the new iPad until March of this year. The iPad 3 was released 7 months ago, prior to that the iPad 2 was viewed as great.

One more try. No one is saying iPad 2's screen is unacceptable. iPad 2 and many other non-retina screens are fine. This is about the iPad Mini.
Awakener is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad