Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:42 AM   #26
Yujenisis
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Yujenisis
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Craner View Post
Just one final thought, I don't know where you work or how relaxed your boss is about having personal files on a work computer, but if you were working for me and I discovered that one of my employees had a load of personal files on his work computer (normally discovered as a result of someone in IT doing some maintenance work on your computer) then I might wonder how much time he has been spending on his personal projects rather than working for me.

I have not touched on the fact that some companies might have an issue with work stuff being on a cloud service like dropbox anyway. Might not be an issue in your case, but I just wanted to highlight the issue.
Yikes! It's stuff like this that reminds me of how lucky I am to work for a smaller company that trusts its employees. We all get to choose a laptop that we are allowed to do pretty much anything we want with - except holding the company liable for what we do!

My two thoughts, are Knox (this'll let you encrypt folders with a password)https://agilebits.com/knox

Or as others have suggested, using an encrypted disk image.

Good luck!
Yujenisis is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store