Ste Nova
macrumors 6502

take the router to the store
Old May 15, 2013, 08:01 AM   #27
forcetactic
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
Been following the thread. Who, exactly, is bashing anyone here?
I never said anything about people bashing regarding this thread. I was referring to one I posted a few years ago

Last edited by forcetactic; May 15, 2013 at 09:30 AM.
forcetactic is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 09:52 PM   #28
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcetactic View Post
I never said anything about people bashing regarding this thread. I was referring to one I posted a few years ago
Forgive me for coming to this conclusion. You felt the need to bring it up in THIS thread, which is why I asked.
Old May 15, 2013, 11:13 PM   #29
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
the manager probably became suspicious because you've had this problem for 6 months and you've waited all this time to complain about it.
Agreed. If you have had this problem since launch day, then why didn't you take back sooner?
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 11:25 PM   #30
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Agreed. If you have had this problem since launch day, then why didn't you take back sooner?
Waiting for a firmware fix.
Old May 15, 2013, 11:28 PM   #31
saud0488
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
What does it matter? He found time to get around to it eventually and wanted it fixed then. It's well within the warranty and thus, well within his rights. This may come as a surprise to some people, but crappy wifi speeds on iphones generally don't take priority over life's other, more important tasks.

Besides, who wants to go wait in a crowded store for 20-30 minutes AFTER your appointment is scheduled to be condescended by a hipster with terrible facial hair? Next time use expresslane on apple's website.
saud0488 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 03:15 AM   #32
Troneas
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
Waiting for a firmware fix.
Member of macrumors for over a year with 4000+ posts no one here reported that problem in the forums and you thought a firmware update would fix it? And if 6.1 didn't fix such a relevant issue 6.1.4 would?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by saud0488 View Post
What does it matter? He found time to get around to it eventually and wanted it fixed then. It's well within the warranty and thus, well within his rights. This may come as a surprise to some people, but crappy wifi speeds on iphones generally don't take priority over life's other, more important tasks.

Besides, who wants to go wait in a crowded store for 20-30 minutes AFTER your appointment is scheduled to be condescended by a hipster with terrible facial hair? Next time use expresslane on apple's website.
Calm down no one is saying he is wrong.

But put yourself in the manager's shoes: a customer with a 6 month old phone claims he has been having wifi issues during all this time and suddenly its a big deal. *and* the genius cannot replicate the problem.

What's your first thought?
Troneas is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 11:41 AM   #33
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
Member of macrumors for over a year with 4000+ posts no one here reported that problem in the forums and you thought a firmware update would fix it? And if 6.1 didn't fix such a relevant issue 6.1.4 would?
Listen. OP stated he was waiting for a firmware fix on the first page. In fact, it was the post right after yours stating why you think the Apple employee became suspicious. I was just repeating what his reasoning was, since it was obviously missed by ufcgrad93. I don't know how my own statistics come into play at all.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone