Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jasiex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2013
Hi !

So i want to know is it any way to get a mail version 4 on my :apple: Mountain Lion

I mean this version :
8-Mail-Inbox---iCloud-on-Snow-Leopard.png

Thank's

John

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Because it looks better than a new version.
Seen in the light most favorable to you, that is a very debatable proposition. Mail is one of the base applications for your OS. Base applications tend to be more tightly bond to the OS than optional applications like those in the iWork suite.

You will be better served by explaining what you want in Mail. Someone who understands the application may be able to tell you how to customize it to suit your desires.

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
I rather doubt it, unfortunately. RSS was highly integrated in Snow Leopard OS X. All of that RSS stuff in Mail & Safari is gone in Mountain Lion, including the Update Stars.
:( !!!
And I agree with you, I liked Mail in SL better than in ML, it's less cluttered visually, to my eyes anyway.

zinwa.lin

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2013
How many accounts with how many emails do you have? What are the specs of your Mac?

I do not use Mail that much, but I have not experienced any lags in 10.8.3, but then again, I have my OS stored on an SSD.

not so many emails, either. I have one account, and about 800 emails in the box which is not huge num, huh?

my mba spec: 2013 version, 13' display, 8GB ram, 256GB SSD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.