Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Sep 20, 2013, 09:12 AM   #26
Kissaragi
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
If it's only $10, I'll be stupid enough. I'm enjoying the game and not having much of any issue with it.
I will be joining you!

I haven't bought the other dlc apart from the red cross one but this seems like it will be well worth it.
Kissaragi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:08 AM   #27
everything-i
macrumors 6502a

AS expected, EA cashing in again on all the folks that fell for buying the game and got bored with it in a couple of days because there was very little actual game play in it. Yes now they can dip into your pocket again for another $60 to give you more of the same with different eye candy. Very sad, they deserve to go out of business for what they have done with this game.
everything-i is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:10 AM   #28
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by everything-i View Post
AS expected, EA cashing in again on all the folks that fell for buying the game and got bored with it in a couple of days because there was very little actual game play in it. Yes now they can dip into your pocket again for another $60 to give you more of the same with different eye candy. Very sad, they deserve to go out of business for what they have done with this game.
Very little game play? What do you mean? It works, essentially, the same way as all previous SimCity games. You build cities with it.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:20 AM   #29
everything-i
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Very little game play? What do you mean? It works, essentially, the same way as all previous SimCity games. You build cities with it.
Except the other versions allowed you to build a decent size city that could change and evolve over time, this crap is over and done with in an evening and after that is just the same thing over and over. This is nothing like the previous versions in terms of actual game play. You don't build cities with this you build small towns.
everything-i is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:20 AM   #30
rodriguise
macrumors member

I too have an announcement

I will be expanding a turd today as well. I have a feeling mine will be of higher quality and not require an internet connection.

Late 2008 MBP | iPhone 5 | Box of stale Ritz | 3 Paperclips | A Roll of duct tape | Fifth of Tullamore (neat)
rodriguise is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 04:03 PM   #31
benpatient
macrumors 68000

Quote:
If it's only $10, I'll be stupid enough. I'm enjoying the game and not having much of any issue with it.
They are charging that much for a couple of in-game items as DLC. There is no way that a full-on expansion pack will be $10. It will be $40 or more.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 09:46 AM   #32
OrangeSVTguy
macrumors 601

Might as well call it Sim Village. Cities are big and vast, villages are well not.
OrangeSVTguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 05:21 PM   #33
apple_iBoy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Is that Morgan Freeman's voice in the video?
I don't think that's Morgan Freeman. I think it's someone whose voice, either by chance or (more likely) by affectation, has a similar cadence and inflection. He's the knockoff. Shocking that EA would choose him.
apple_iBoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 09:46 PM   #34
JAT
macrumors 603

It really seems as though slapping a "2" on this would be more appropriate:

Old Sep 21, 2013, 09:47 PM   #35
mrxak
macrumors 65816

I wonder if cities of tomorrow will invent subway systems, or be able to consist of more than a few square miles of land.

Somehow I doubt it.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 08:40 AM   #36
notabadname
macrumors 65816

Since the "City of Tomorrow" always needs to be connected, count me out.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 09:03 AM   #37
johnmac59
macrumors newbie

I still have fun playing it once in a while, but like others have said, the city sizes are too small and the fact that subways are missing is a bummer.
johnmac59 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2013, 04:47 AM   #38
JessicaRobort
macrumors newbie

SimCity: Cities of Tomorrow expansion announced, available Nov. 12

SimCity is heading to the future with the "Cities of Tomorrow" expansion pack, with a ribbon-cutting ceremony scheduled for November 12. Taking place 50 years in the future, new technologies allow Sims to travel by MagLev trains, use fusion reactors and "tidal wave generators." Surfs up, man! What do you mean that's not what tidal wave generator means? Well, maybe you should figure out a better word!

There's also the classic future quandary of creating clean technology or encouraging giant corporations to strip the planet of resources. Nope, wait, that's a current problem. The game will also get around the issue of smaller lot sizes by allowing players to build up in "multi-zone MegaTowers that extend high into the sky." The expansion is priced at $30.
JessicaRobort is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2013, 01:35 PM   #39
forthelove
macrumors newbie

I still find ways to make the game enjoyable. You have to create goals for each city. No one city can be the best at everything, so I usually create specialized city's and then a region that works together with it.

1. Tourism/Gambling city, my best city makes over $100K an hour. I use it to build my other cities.
2. Education City, university to research better technologies.
3. Industrial city for freight.
4.Population city for workers, my best so far was ~600K.
5. Happiness city, try to get 100% approval rating.

I always find new ways to do things, and continue spending hours messing around with the game. Origin says I've logged over 500 hours, but I've left the game running overnight on several occasions. The DLC should be free yes, but would EA actually add make DLC if they weren't going to make money on it?
forthelove is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion