Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
If i was a seller i wouldn't give out a SSN. And I didn't need a SSN when i Activated mine?

Its the last 4 digits of the account holders social and the billing zip.
It only asks you once when you get the device subsidized on the initial activation when it arrives unactivated. Its not the case always but I saw it before when I ordered my iphones online before.
Sucks to give that out to someone you dont know but if Im the seller/prior owner of that phone and the poor person that paid me cannot use it then I'd feel bad. So its either give him that info so he can enter it and use the phone he paid you for or return it and give him his money back.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 663

bigMAC28

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2012
Chicago
It only asks you once when you get the device subsidized on the initial activation when it arrives unactivated. Its not the case always but I saw it before when I ordered my iphones online before.
Sucks to give that out to someone you dont know but if Im the seller/prior owner of that phone and the poor person that paid me cannot use it then I'd feel bad. So its either give him that info so he can enter it and use the phone he paid you for or return it and give him his money back.

Ah its At&T, That could be why. That makes sense. I thought it was the entire number. But thats understandable.

bigMAC28

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2012
Chicago
Interesting, Ive never got that before. I have activated a ton of iPhone 4s and most recently my 5 and never got that screen. Learn something new every day.

duansindo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012

THE SELLER CANNOT OFFER ME THE INFORMATION。I HAVE PAID SOME BODY TO get the ssn and billing number,but after i enter the information,it still can not be actived.

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
THE SELLER CANNOT OFFER ME THE INFORMATION。I HAVE PAID SOME BODY TO get the ssn and billing number,but after i enter the information,it still can not be actived.

Have you tried doing a restore? I've heard that can be bypassed by putting it in DFU mode and restoring in iTunes. Never tried it myself though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.