Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anonym59

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Hello

I want you to ask which Macbook i should buy. Im a student and need the notebook mostly for surfing the web and write something for school. But sometimes I use it also for photoshop (once a month). So which one is the better decision?

The brand new Macbook air 13" with a 1,7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7 processor
or the Macbook pro 13" Retina with a 2,5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 processor?

Thanks for the answers and sorry for my bad english :D

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
They are both overkill. Pick the one you want. Do you want that retina screen?

anonym59

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
They are both overkill. Pick the one you want. Do you want that retina screen?

Hmm the retina display is a nice thing to have but i think on such a small display it isn't worth it. So the retina display isn't a big deal for me. But it might be handy when i work with Photoshop...

Dwinguel

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2010
Geneva, Switzerland
The MBA is a better choice in your case, especially if you buy it now.

If you wait for the refresh of the MBP it might be another story...

But right now, the MBA is cheaper and lighter and should give slightly better performance than the MBP, in particular in photoshop, since it has a better integrated graphic card.

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
Right now I would say the MB Air. But, I would also say wait until the rMBP gets updated and then purchase that one.

I'm a Junior in college and I had the 11" air, returned it for the 13" air. Returned the 13" air for the rMBP 13" and couldn't be happier.

There was just something about the Airs I did not like. The rMBP feels almost as thin/light to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.