Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Nov 21, 2014, 03:48 PM   #1026
vulcanvillalta
macrumors 6502

Watched an old episode of Cheers last night. Wish I had time to watch more... Looking forward to January!
vulcanvillalta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2014, 08:50 PM   #1027
Huntn
macrumors 604

Finally threw in the towel on Vampire Diaries, feeling repetitious and musical chair like...
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2014, 05:28 PM   #1028
millerj123
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
Finally threw in the towel on Vampire Diaries, feeling repetitious and musical chair like...
How far until it felt that way? My wife has been watching, and my assumption from the beginning was that the main girl who looks like the old split girlfriend was going to flit between the brothers, which is now happening.

At least the entire cast is hawt.

I can't get past how stupid all the vampires are if they've been alive for 100s of years.

I also can't sit through an episode. I'll have to go watch an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
millerj123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2014, 09:05 PM   #1029
Huntn
macrumors 604

Watched the first episode of Salem a 2014 series about 17th century Salem, Ma and the witch trials. Saw it on Netflix. It's been renewed for a second season on some network. I was really bugged that it features actors using modern English, along with demons and bad witches because I think the whole "witch trial" thing was based mostly on over-zealous religious hang ups and the vilifying of Paganism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerj123 View Post
How far until it felt that way? My wife has been watching, and my assumption from the beginning was that the main girl who looks like the old split girlfriend was going to flit between the brothers, which is now happening.

At least the entire cast is hawt.

I can't get past how stupid all the vampires are if they've been alive for 100s of years.

I also can't sit through an episode. I'll have to go watch an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Felt that way during this last season. Yeah, Elena... People die, they come back, soap opera style, some new "thing" they have to find. We reached a point asking each other why are they looking for that thing? Whatever, they need it for something. The plot that really bugged me was for the "cure" a season or two ago, which resolved nothing...

Last edited by Huntn; Nov 23, 2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:04 PM   #1030
millerj123
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Felt that way during this last season. Yeah, Elena... People die, they come back, soap opera style, some new "thing" they have to find. We reached a point asking each other why are they looking for that thing? Whatever, they need it for something. The plot that really bugged me was for the "cure" a season or two ago, which resolved nothing...
I thought that was most of the episodes.

However, I found The Tick on Netflix. Too bad I can't watch it in front of my boys.

It's just a bit high in the adult humor department.
millerj123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2014, 02:04 AM   #1031
ritmomundo
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Quote:
We felt the same, but lost interest in VD after season 4. It just became tedious and predictable. Never had any desire to watch the Originals spinoff either.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 02:58 PM   #1032
impulse462
macrumors 65816

started watching Newsroom on HBO. almost done with season 1, i'm liking it so far
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:20 PM   #1033
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse462 View Post
started watching Newsroom on HBO. almost done with season 1, i'm liking it so far
Newsroom is a really good show. The writing is creative and the characters are dynamic.
Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM   #1034
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritmomundo View Post
We felt the same, but lost interest in VD after season 4. It just became tedious and predictable. Never had any desire to watch the Originals spinoff either.
The show currently seems to be fueled by the charisma and likability of the characters/actors. The story seems all most inconsequential. I've figured out (I think lol) that the "other side" is some sort of purgatory for the super-natural, that is a intermediate step to no-**** death. That's why we have so many returnees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse462 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscriv View Post
Newsroom is a really good show. The writing is creative and the characters are dynamic.
I may check this out. Recently in the PRSI section someone posted a Newsroom clip where Jeff Daniels explains why America is no longer number one. That grabbed my attention.
Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM   #1035
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Quote:
I may check this out. Recently in the PRSI section someone posted a Newsroom clip where Jeff Daniels explains why America is no longer number one. That grabbed my attention.
That clip is from the pilot episode. From your posts about TV I think you would really enjoy it.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Tags
television, television shows