Why didn't T-Mobile wait until 5S? - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Mar 28, 2013, 03:16 PM   #26
Diseal3
macrumors 65816

I like the fact this is the first time iPhone has been announced on a carrier also and price hikes didn't come along with it.
Diseal3 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2013, 03:42 PM   #27
rockitdog
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-P View Post
Another good point. I could get any phone right now with T-Mobile and then two days from now get another from them. No contract extensions (as there aren't any from here on out) or anything.
I'm buying the T-Mo Iphone 5 and paying for it in full and if the iPhone 5S is all the rage I'll sell the 5 and buy the 5S. Great plan for TMO.
Traditionally the "S" like has stood for Sucker though. Incramental changes are what you'll probably get. The "S" line hasn't traditionally brought radical changes to the iphones like the 3G, 4 & 5 did.
rockitdog is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:43 AM   #28
Agent-P
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockitdog View Post
I'm buying the T-Mo Iphone 5 and paying for it in full and if the iPhone 5S is all the rage I'll sell the 5 and buy the 5S. Great plan for TMO.
Traditionally the "S" like has stood for Sucker though. Incramental changes are what you'll probably get. The "S" line hasn't traditionally brought radical changes to the iphones like the 3G, 4 & 5 did.
And this is exactly why it doesn't matter that T-Mobile got the 5 midcycle. Thank you for that.

As for your other point, I agree the S devices aren't worth upgrading if you have the base model already (ie iPhone 4S is unnecessary if you already have the iPhone 4). Though IMO it's better to own the S devices and upgrade only to those because Apple has had time to refine the design and remove any kinks or quirks the new design has.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 01:38 AM   #29
Gregintosh
macrumors 65816

This is all an indication that the iPhone 5S is probably not coming until October. It will also probably be a slightly tweaked model.

People who think its going to be a major upgrade or that the iPhone line is about to get rocked are going to be disappointed, just like when the iPhone 5 turned out to be the 4S.

Apple is not a daring company. They are innovative, sure, but they are incremental and stable.

No new iPhone until the Fall, and when it comes it will be a 5S that is tweaked.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:30 AM   #30
PatriotInvasion
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Gotta love that.
Hope the other 2 big carriers adopt something similar in the future.
I think this is all marketing. I've been with AT&T for years and I get the new iPhone every year and sell the old one, with no intention of switching carriers.

Seems like if you are happy with your carrier, there really is no benefit to being contract-free since I don't have to pay a monthly installment for my iPhone on top of my plan cost every month. Kudos to T-Mobile for trying something new, but the amount of money you have to spend to own an iPhone ends up being about the same.

Plus, T-Mobile has no LTE in Boston, so that would be a deal breaker right off the bat.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 01:23 PM   #31
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotInvasion View Post
I think this is all marketing. I've been with AT&T for years and I get the new iPhone every year and sell the old one, with no intention of switching carriers.

Seems like if you are happy with your carrier, there really is no benefit to being contract-free since I don't have to pay a monthly installment for my iPhone on top of my plan cost every month. Kudos to T-Mobile for trying something new, but the amount of money you have to spend to own an iPhone ends up being about the same.

Plus, T-Mobile has no LTE in Boston, so that would be a deal breaker right off the bat.
True that. LTE in Boston is very fast.
I'm very happy with AT&T also. Wouldn't mind a cheaper phone bill though if I paid for my device in full.
But again, you cant have everything. Cheap prices and great service and coverage.
Applejuiced is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone