Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
You wrote the keyword yourself .. yes .. laptop. Most people with average use would get a laptop, or hell .. an iPad for their daily computing and be happy with it as long as it does Twitter, Facebook and chats.

Anyone cares enough about spec, and willing to have their hands dirty on computer guts would get a desktop. It doesn't sell as much today, but I still think, those people still care about changing/upgrading their own HDD, SSD, RAM, or even CPU/GPU.

I suppose you might be right. Everyone I know that owns a tower (excluding mac tower people funnily enough) knows a helluva lot more about their computers then their laptop counterparts. But then again as you said most people own laptops, and most people, don't know that much about computers!

whitesand

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
First Mac for me so looking forward to
No more slow boot.
Endless pointless software updates
No more anti virus software doing endless updates
No more strange noises coming from this huge black box that sounds like a helicopter taking off
Not having hundreds of files pre installed I never use.
No more blue screen of death
As you can probably tell I've had enough of windows!

So mine isn't the only one that sounds like a helicopter!

MacPat333

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
Dubai
That sounds like me, started video editing, I am into photography and I started a blo in addition to my YouTube channels, twitter, Facebook an a blog. The next project is going to be a own website too. Today I placed the order for a MBA 13"/i5/8GB/128GB SSD which will get me until next summer when I gonna plan to get the 27"/i7/8GB/1TB Fusion/2GB graphics card and the RAM will be upgraded to 32GB later myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.