Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Then no offense, but don't complain xD Waking up to -25 here isn't uncommon :( that's so far below the temperature that devices are designed to operate under that stuff hits the fan

We have gotten that cold, but it's been slightly milder for the past few years. It was -30 with the windchill the other day.

On Topic: that cover looks awesome! Can't wait. I have a red, and dark grey, but this will look sleek.

@$15 I can afford to mix up the colours, at $45 not so much. Only reason I had 2 already was because of a gift card and I stumbled upon the product red one in walmart one day.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Just an Update.

I received mine, it's not nearly as high quality as the apple smart cover.
There are wrinkles in the parts that bend, which leads me to believe it will fall apart sooner rather than later.

The Main latch, has a strong magnet, but the last fold doesn't, which makes it hard to use as a stand, because the magnet doesn't hold well.

Any other alternatives that are of higher quality out there?

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Just an Update.

I received mine, it's not nearly as high quality as the apple smart cover.
There are wrinkles in the parts that bend, which leads me to believe it will fall apart sooner rather than later.

The Main latch, has a strong magnet, but the last fold doesn't, which makes it hard to use as a stand, because the magnet doesn't hold well.

Any other alternatives that are of higher quality out there?

yep, mine is exactly like this. Everything else is cool, but I wish the typing position was a little more solid.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Can anyone comment on the colors? I want a dark gray one that is as close to the Apple smart cover as possible to match my cover buddy.

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2013
I got mine today. Basically, it's crap. The outside material feels nothing like the real deal, the magnets are extremely weak, and the hinge is so loose that the whole thing just flaps around when you fold it to the back.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Any case I've tried adds weight to the mini and I am not going to pay $39 for the Smart Cover. Amazon I think has them for around $25. I rather not try any fake/knockoff to tell the truth so I guess I have to decide if I want it or just continue using the cases for the mini I already have.

Thanks for letting us know that ebay case you got today was crap. I assume you can return it.

cliegal

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
I purchased a cover from this seller - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OEM-Apple-iPad-Mini-Smart-Cover-Black-Pink-Gray-Blue-available-/111121354543?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Cases_Covers_Keyboard_Folios&var=&hash=item19df594f2f - and it is pretty much crap. The magnet on the spine barely stays attached. I have two genuine mini smart covers and the printing on the boxes is different too. I wouldn't mind as I have a back cover that holds the smart cover in place and it really doesn't look bad but I don't like that he is selling it as genuine and it's not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.