Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eejits

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2013
Anyone have any clues on when the 30 day trial for Manga Studio 5 will be released? I wanna try to create some eejits with it.....

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
Hi George,

-Just keep checking their site. They've updated it several times in the past couple weeks for the 5.02 Debut update and then the Manga Studio 5EX release, etc.

Now, when you do get your hands on a trial version, you simply must get Frenden's MS 5 v2 brush set to test out the MS 5 brush engine.
http://tmblr.co/ZK1YbypvofLN

52 custom brushes that are way better than the default brushes (which really aren't bad either). Still playing with the Frenden brushes, I love the layout pencils, and Nib Gritty is my favorite of all at the moment. It's weird, they seem tactile in relation to my tablet surface, which I don't think could be possible, but the ink & painting brushes feel smooth while the stiff ink nibs, Nib Gritty, and Chalk, etc., all feel scratchy as they really would on paper. All the adjustments are tweaked perfectly.

You may also find his brief comparison of MS 5 to SAI and Painter particularly relevant in view of your other thread, --last few paragraphs of his post.

Last edited:

eejits

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2013
Yeah I've been checking...just a trial for MS4 up at the moment.

I've never really dealt with brushes per se, just using what's standard in Paint Shop Pro (which isn't very extensive). All sounds mind blowing and a lot of fun too....

Thanks for the tips CrickettGrrrl, appreciate it. I'll be sure to d/load the brushes and see what it's all about whenever they release the demo.

George

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.