Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toffbrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2013
hi i have a jailbroken ipod touch 4th gen on 6.0.2 untethered with Evasi0n, i have great knowledge with jailbreaking with redsn0w etc. i installed a tweak called Ac!D and its a tweak that puts siri on your idevice blah blah it said i have to reboot like usual with heavy tweaks but its stuck in a boot loop. i have been able to get out of boot loops before but not this one i have tried using ih8sn0w umbrella Recboot and other third party apps but i can not seem to get it out of the boot loop and i cant put it in DFU mode or Recovery Mode because i have a faulty home button. and when i try to restore with itunes it says My ipod has a passcode on it please unlock to restore but i cant unlock it because in a boot loop which is pretty stupid. i am open for any tips because i am desperate to have my ipod working and i dont care if i loose my stuff because it has uninportant stuff on it!

i have tried holding the volume button to

Desperately Need help Tia

Cheers

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
If you cant pressed the home button then your screwed. If you can fix your home button, what you need to do is press and hold the home and lock buttons until it shuts off, turns on again, and shuts off again. Then you can go through the normal dfu mode procedures. It works everytime for me on my 4th gen.

toffbrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2013
theres no third party apps to help or anything cause im sick of opening my ipod up its had like 4 screen repairs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.