Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4, 2013, 07:40 AM   #1
dennyb
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Photon App for Ipad and Iphone

I purchased the App Photon for my Ipad 2 and paid $4.99. I noticed that the Photon App for Iphone is $3.99. Do I have to pay for both if I want it on both devices? I've been researching and can't find anything on this. I would appreciate any help on this. I thought I could use the same App for each device but now I'm not sure.
dennyb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 08:08 AM   #2
maflynn
Moderator
 
maflynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
It appears to me that the app in question is not an universal app, that is not designed to run on both the iPad and iPhone. That being the case you will have to purchase the iPhone version if you want it.

The easiest way to find out is by going on your iPhone's app store and see if you can download it via the purchased tab
__________________
~Mike Flynn
maflynn is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 02:21 PM   #3
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyb View Post
I purchased the App Photon for my Ipad 2 and paid $4.99. I noticed that the Photon App for Iphone is $3.99. Do I have to pay for both if I want it on both devices? I've been researching and can't find anything on this. I would appreciate any help on this. I thought I could use the same App for each device but now I'm not sure.
Yup, they;re separate versions. Nevertheless, it's an excellent app well worth the $9 total.
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2013, 06:03 PM   #4
dennyb
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys2 View Post
Yup, they;re separate versions. Nevertheless, it's an excellent app well worth the $9 total.
Thank you very much for this information

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
It appears to me that the app in question is not an universal app, that is not designed to run on both the iPad and iPhone. That being the case you will have to purchase the iPhone version if you want it.

The easiest way to find out is by going on your iPhone's app store and see if you can download it via the purchased tab
Thank you for the information
dennyb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC