Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 28, 2013, 10:41 AM   #26
phrk
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedMic View Post
maybe it's time to delete or edit the original post then, because i myself was in the process of replying to it as well when i noticed you had written more.

if anyone is interested here's a pretty good tear-down of an air

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/First-Lo...Book-Air/598/1

to be clear, this is the A1304
I did now. But the purpose of a discussion in a forum is probably to follow the discussion until the latest status before answering to just a part of it.
__________________
I am no native speaker so please don't be too hard on me

Last edited by phrk; Jul 28, 2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: bleh
phrk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2013, 10:58 AM   #27
DisplacedMic
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrk View Post
I did now. But the purpose of a discussion in a forum is probably to follow the discussion until the latest status before answering to just a part of it.
you think? what forum have you been visiting because people generally respond as they read. how it should be and how it is might not be the same thing. god forbid you make a statement like that on a thread that turns out to be multiple pages... especially if you've got email notifications turned on
DisplacedMic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2013, 11:14 AM   #28
phrk
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedMic View Post
you think? what forum have you been visiting because people generally respond as they read. how it should be and how it is might not be the same thing. god forbid you make a statement like that on a thread that turns out to be multiple pages... especially if you've got email notifications turned on
Don't get me wrong. I don't want argue with you. Sure it is hard to follow a thread which has multiple pages. But it sure isn't clever to answer to a discussion before you got the whole story. Maybe things have been already said and now your going to say it all over again.
People might do that all the time because it's easier than reading through pages of statements, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing.
__________________
I am no native speaker so please don't be too hard on me

Last edited by phrk; Jul 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: typos
phrk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2013, 11:35 AM   #29
DisplacedMic
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrk View Post
Don't get me wrong. I don't want argue with you. Sure it is hard to follow a thread which has multiple pages. But it sure isn't clever to answer to a discussion before you got the whole story. Maybe things have been already said and now your going to say it all over again.
People might do that all the time because it's easier than reading through pages of statements, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing.
like i said....how it should be and how it is might not be the same thing
DisplacedMic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2013, 12:24 PM   #30
musika
macrumors 65816
 
musika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by unloader View Post
where its at
unloader
I've got two turntables and a microphone!
__________________
I write about lots of things at turtlepie.net.
musika is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2013, 02:12 PM   #31
kodeman53
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrk View Post
]Maybe things have been already said and now your going to say it all over again.
In a multi-page thread, what are the odds you are going to post something that has not already been said? Pretty close to zero.
kodeman53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC