Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fishticks

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Seems like you don't have an answer as I suspected.

The right to privacy issue is a topic worth talking about, I just don't think some people have reasonable expectation as to what transparency is when you belong to a large organization. s

----------

Wow...you don't know what was said, so you assume the worst.

If you want to be part of the discussion, then become a US citizen and run for office or run a multi-billion dollar company.

As you're not running for office nor a billion dollar company, by your own standards, you should just shut up.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
As you're not running for office nor a billion dollar company, by your own standards, you should just shut up.

Umm...not sure what your point is if any.

But you should really follow the thread before you comment, so you can make and intelligent response.

If I recall the a last thing I asked you was why you though a comment was irresponsible....do you have an answer for that?

scoobydoo99

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2003
That's too cynical a view. Apple actually really has an interest in keeping customer data confidential - it's good for the customers, and so it's also good for Apple.

Even more true for Google and Amazon and their cloud platforms. While Google doesn't want privacy nearly as much as Apple - after all their business is to sell their users to advertisers - they still must have an interest in keeping their cloud servers free from government surveillance.

You're confusing the corporate MESSAGE" (i.e. marketing) with their actual DESIRES. To say that keeping customer information confidential is "good for the customers, and so it's also good for Apple" doesn't seem reasonable. It's good for customers to THINK that Apple keeps thier data confidential. But that's all. They can make much more money and get much more government support by actually DOING the opposite. Of course, they will continue to publically espouse customer privacy as a priority.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.