Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
My cell mate; my wall is similar, just replace Clouseau with Suarez.

Attachments

• DKC.jpg
    DKC.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 66

danielowenuk

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Hoping to push into top 4 tonight, 3 points behind with Coleman and Lukaku to play tonight.

Champions league were having a laugh :)

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Following a reduction in gate and commercial receipts, Neutron Heath has been sold to Scumthorpe (2014) Limited. In the coming weeks the club name will be changed to Scumthorpe Toads - it is felt tapping into the warlock market will pay dividends, the kit will be changed* to bring forward revenue, and transfer policy restrictions will be removed - the Director of Football will be allowed to sign players from any Premier League club. Action has been taken now to ensure survival and readiness for next season.

A tearful Neutron Heath spokesperson said, 'We thank the supporters for many happy years, and wish them and the new owners all the best.'

Edit - the colour is a nod to the Golden/Orange Toad.

Last edited:

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Happy Birthday Commish.

Yep, dispatched the second place team in Cup action this week. Moving on up, err, sideways, ehh, ok, still dwelling in the basement. And only won because none of his team played. :(

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
I seem to be struggling to get more than 8 players playing at the moment.

I'm reluctant to transfer out some of my injured players simply because if I want to buy them back I'm going to be loosing money

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I seem to be struggling to get more than 8 players playing at the moment.

I'm reluctant to transfer out some of my injured players simply because if I want to buy them back I'm going to be loosing money

yes... and when you do get them back it is always the weekend after their "hat trick" !

lazy, moody, injury prone bassterds!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Congrats Pachy! But always keep in mind that your win is another man's loss.

MINE!!!!aaargh!

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Right chaps - first of all, apologies for updates being a bit thin on the ground. Work's kept me fiendishly busy the last couple of months and the long hours have eaten into my dicking around on the internet contributing to the online community in a worthwhile manner. :eek:

Once this weekend's fixtures are sorted I'll post updated League and Cup tables, but in the meantime there are a couple of MacRumors Manager of the Month awards still to dish out.

If we go waaay back to January, then we'll see it's andrewstephenso and his Fantasy Manager boys who led the pace with an unmatched 255 points for the month - particular congratulations to the app happy gaffer as it's his second such award of the season.

February though saw pivo6 take the plaudits as Brainerd FC left the rest of us floundering behind him. A final total of 272 points saw the February award deservedly head to Minnesota.

Meanwhile, March's gong heads to the stately home of the League's most aristocratic gaffer. With a whopping 391 points, Cleveland FC executed the most cunning of game plans to secure Lord Blackadder the trophy.

attachment.png Brainerd-FC_Home1213.png Cleveland-FC_Home1213.png

Well done to all three. :)

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Right chaps - first of all, apologies for updates being a bit thin on the ground. Work's kept me fiendishly busy the last couple of months and the long hours have eaten into my dicking around on the internet contributing to the online community in a worthwhile manner. :eek:

Once this weekend's fixtures are sorted I'll post updated League and Cup tables, but in the meantime there are a couple of MacRumors Manager of the Month awards still to dish out.

If we go waaay back to January, then we'll see it's andrewstephenso and his Fantasy Manager boys who led the pace with an unmatched 255 points for the month - particular congratulations to the app happy gaffer as it's his second such award of the season.

February though saw pivo6 take the plaudits as Brainerd FC left the rest of us floundering behind him. A final total of 272 points saw the February award deservedly head to Minnesota.

Meanwhile, March's gong heads to the stately home of the League's most aristocratic gaffer. With a whopping 391 points, Cleveland FC executed the most cunning of game plans to secure Lord Blackadder the trophy.

Well done to all three. :)

aaww... i jumped like 5 spots total in both comps and not even a whiff of a mention...? =(

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Right chaps, here's where we stand...

League-Table1314_GW_33.png

In the main League competition, pknzk leads the pack as his Prism lads enjoy a 60 point gap to second place. With five weeks of competition left he'd better not rest on his laurels, however - previous seasons have proved that leads can be cut down before you know it.

CupTable13-14_33.png

Meanwhile, with two weeks left to play before the quarter finals begin three teams have already put their names into the draw. Fantasy Football Manager, Prospect Park FC and Omaha Latics will all have at least one round of knock out football to look forward to.

Here then are this week's Cup fixtures...

Sporting Dual-Cores v Fizzy's Flyers
The Stoplights v Mancunian Mopheads
Woodshire FC v Scumthorpe Toads
Banana Banana v Brained FC
Prospect Park FC v Omaha Latics
1871 Readingrad v Fightin Shrooms
t!llionaire's iToys v Fabulous Boyz
Tall Saints v Pachyderm FC
Fantasy ⚽️ Manager v Hardly Athletic
Telford Blues v Tim's Team
keta all stars v Thigh High Socks
Cleveland FC v Just kick it!
LITH United v Bayern Bru​

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I'd say so. :D

Finding myself in a little dilemma though, should I go for the cup or league win? Both seem impossible. Too many hits I guess and I couldn't pull a Tall Saint either (well done in every way! Prospect Park don't look as sharp as others do too), so I say congrats to Tim's Team in advance....

edit: just seen that Prism still got his WC, that makes it even a wee bit harder. I like it! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: pachyderm
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.