Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oddnendz

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I called Apple. Unfortunately the nice fellow helping me did not have any idea if it was a good or bad thing. I have an iPad4 LTE on order and it went from 11/26 delivery date to the Mid-November.

When I ordered (Oct 26 at 3:02 am edt) I got a November 23rd (which meant it will be the 26th before I get the package --- office is closed on the 23rd) date.... now it is saying:

Processing items
Ship date unknown

Delivery date unknown​

I don't think we will see the LTE mini until the Nov 16th or a bit after .... Nov 16th is when Sprint LTE plans start..

Last edited:

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
Yeah, seriously. I'm all about giving stuff to little kids to help them learn. But a 350 iDevice? You better be getting the best case money can buy, since you already spent that on him.

I'm a 19 year old in college, and I can't remember the last time my spent that much money on an iDevice for christmas, or for anything.

I'm not saying its bad, I just wish my parents had money like you.

My son has been using my regular iPad 2/3 since ive had it and has always treated it with care.....never dropped it. I did buy a Gumdrop case for him which has extra protection however think it will probably be overkill....

JS3

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
Ugh i would be happy my dad got it for me but soooo mad he opened it. WTF.:(:confused:

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
3 year old know how to use ipad already? :eek:

Very much so, he can navigate much better than his grandparents, and even teaches his preschool teachers have to do certain things....I have had an iPad since iPad 1 and I believe because of this his educational level is rating at a 4 year old...

Hpye

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
Very much so, he can navigate much better than his grandparents, and even teaches his preschool teachers have to do certain things....I have had an iPad since iPad 1 and I believe because of this his educational level is rating at a 4 year old...

smart kid:)

thelead

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2010
Ugh i would be happy my dad got it for me but soooo mad he opened it. WTF.:(:confused:

And if it was broken out of the box and out of the 14 day return period when you opened it on Christmas you would be... what?

oddnendz

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2007
Raleigh, NC
When I ordered (Oct 26 at 3:02 am edt) I got a November 23rd (which meant it will be the 26th before I get the package --- office is closed on the 23rd) date.... now it is saying:

Processing items
Ship date unknown

Delivery date unknown​

I don't think we will see the LTE mini until the Nov 16th or a bit after .... Nov 16th is when Sprint LTE plans start..

It has been switched to mid-November..... *goes back to Amazon and Vera Bradley to search for a case* :|

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.