Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:50 PM   #1
AnorexicPig
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Winnipeg,Canada/New Delhi India
iPad 2 or Mini

hello, I have been looking to pull the plug on an iPad mini 16GB wifi, but today saw an offer on kijiji for an iPad 2 in good condition 32GB wifi for 350$, is it a good deal ?

Like it has the same processors and ram as the mini so was thinking won't it be good ?

PS-was considering mini purely for the price tag not because of the size or weight criteria.

And now a 32GB 300$ version comes up ? Is it a better deal than a new mini ? The game handling and other processor and ram capabilities must be the same right.
__________________
MacBook Pro 13" with Retina Display- Late 2013 2.4/8/256, iPhone 5 16GB

Last edited by AnorexicPig; Feb 4, 2013 at 07:55 PM.
AnorexicPig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:06 PM   #2
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Ipad mini is simply Ipad 2 in shrink mode.

Its lighter and thinner as well. Im also having doubt of whether i should give up my Ipad 2 and get a mini. I can't really use it in bed without the sitting up position and holding it with my tummy. Im also reluctant to play many games that required holding it for a long time as well. Mini might be a good choice and i can do all the web browsing on my Laptop anyway.

The only concern, the mini glass is like half as thin. Im not sure it would be as durable as the fullsize.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:12 PM   #3
AnorexicPig
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Winnipeg,Canada/New Delhi India
Quote:
Originally Posted by racoonboy View Post
Ipad mini is simply Ipad 2 in shrink mode.

Its lighter and thinner as well. Im also having doubt of whether i should give up my Ipad 2 and get a mini. I can't really use it in bed without the sitting up position and holding it with my tummy. Im also reluctant to play many games that required holding it for a long time as well. Mini might be a good choice and i can do all the web browsing on my Laptop anyway.

The only concern, the mini glass is like half as thin. Im not sure it would be as durable as the fullsize.
Yeah,that's true,but one thing I noticed now is iPad 2 has VGA resolution front camera,mini has 1.2 mp,will that make a significant difference when using facetime-decisions decisions .

Kind of hesitant in buying a used product,sometimes feel spending 329+taxes and getting peace of mind is better :/.
__________________
MacBook Pro 13" with Retina Display- Late 2013 2.4/8/256, iPhone 5 16GB
AnorexicPig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Cody3133
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnorexicPig View Post
Yeah,that's true,but one thing I noticed now is iPad 2 has VGA resolution front camera,mini has 1.2 mp,will that make a significant difference when using facetime-decisions decisions .

Kind of hesitant in buying a used product,sometimes feel spending 329+taxes and getting peace of mind is better :/.
Vga back camera too and the mini has a 5mp
Cody3133 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:27 PM   #5
AnorexicPig
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Winnipeg,Canada/New Delhi India
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody3133 View Post
Vga back camera too and the mini has a 5mp
I dont really be using the back camera ever I think,but yes the front being VGA is a bummer.
__________________
MacBook Pro 13" with Retina Display- Late 2013 2.4/8/256, iPhone 5 16GB
AnorexicPig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:34 PM   #6
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnorexicPig View Post
Yeah,that's true,but one thing I noticed now is iPad 2 has VGA resolution front camera,mini has 1.2 mp,will that make a significant difference when using facetime-decisions decisions .

Kind of hesitant in buying a used product,sometimes feel spending 329+taxes and getting peace of mind is better :/.
I never ever really use the camera on my Ipad 2 because of its size, the resolution and i dont use video calling or skype.

Mini has a better front and back cam. If you just want to facetime, 16 GB 329USD might be enough but if you take picture and record video. U might have to spend more for 32GB.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:37 PM   #7
AnorexicPig
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Winnipeg,Canada/New Delhi India
Quote:
Originally Posted by racoonboy View Post
I never ever really use the camera on my Ipad 2 because of its size, the resolution and i dont use video calling or skype.

Mini has a better front and back cam. If you just want to facetime, 16 GB 329USD might be enough but if you take picture and record video. U might have to spend more for 32GB.
16 will do fine,I hardly fill up my devices lol,just the 'used' product thing is left-to buy new or used,are the savings worth it,does battery life really degrade over time.
__________________
MacBook Pro 13" with Retina Display- Late 2013 2.4/8/256, iPhone 5 16GB
AnorexicPig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 09:20 PM   #8
TyPod
macrumors 68000
 
TyPod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: And Yourself?
Personally I would go with an iPad mini. Lightning connector, better cameras, and I like the size and form factor much better.
TyPod is online now   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC