Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:15 AM   #151
CtotheP
macrumors member

Apple needs to get with the times and up the storage on the Nano to 32/64/128 gb standard
CtotheP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:36 AM   #152
Ffosse
macrumors regular

The Nano 7G is the one music player I like better than any other I've had - and that includes Cowons, Sonys, Samsungs and Sansas.

It's better than the 6G because of Bluetooth and longer battery life.
Ffosse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:26 PM   #153
Medic311
macrumors 65816

i prefer the 6th gen nano as i can clip it to clothing while at the gym. that way i don't need the Shuffle which is a PITA without a screen IMO.

if you've noticed, all apple does is flip flop on the design...going from thin and long to more square-like to keep things fresh and new. they take away features, then re-add them and call them new features. they've been doing this for over half a decade. don't be surprised if the 8th gen Nano resembles the 6th gen, and the 9th gen resembles the 7th gen
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:49 PM   #154
TooLowToZero
macrumors newbie

I have had my Nano 7 gen for the past month and love it. It fits in my jeans (right hand) pocket insert. It stays in there most of the day. Just wish it was 32gb to fit my entire library! I use the nano to save my iPhone 5 battery. I also use it to play via Bluetooth into a small speaker at work. No regrets.
TooLowToZero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 05:22 AM   #155
Ffosse
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
i prefer the 6th gen nano as i can clip it to clothing while at the gym. that way i don't need the Shuffle which is a PITA without a screen IMO.

if you've noticed, all apple does is flip flop on the design...going from thin and long to more square-like to keep things fresh and new. they take away features, then re-add them and call them new features. they've been doing this for over half a decade. don't be surprised if the 8th gen Nano resembles the 6th gen, and the 9th gen resembles the 7th gen
All Apple did was add a 2.5" touchscreen, Bluetooth 4, a bigger battery, enhanced Nike+ support.

It's a vast improvement on the 6G.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 08:31 AM   #156
Medic311
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffosse View Post
All Apple did was add a 2.5" touchscreen, Bluetooth 4, a bigger battery, enhanced Nike+ support.

It's a vast improvement on the 6G.
ahh let's see where do i start. everything you just said are features, not design. and you think a diagonal 2.5" screen is really that great? the 5th gen Nano had a 2.22" screen. guess what - they're both pointless for watching videos which is why they are shaped that way. then they stripped away that feature in favor of a small square clip on design, now they're back to the elongated rectangular design.

i was talking about design. go to Wikipedia and look up the iPod Nano and see what Apple does with the design generations. it's pure genius. basically marketing 101

look man, i didn't mean to strike a nerve with you. i like the 6th as it suits my needs better. my parents prefer the 7th gen nano b/c it has a bigger screen. but my point is that you don't need the newest nano to have the big screen - Apple had it before but they keep going back and forth to create the "all new design" marketing spin
Old Mar 19, 2013, 02:01 PM   #157
ihuman:D
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
In my opinion this was the best nano ever.

I have one of those, the same colour and all! There's two generations that look like that, I think, one with a camera and one without, I have the one with the camera.
ihuman:D is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 06:00 PM   #158
Medic311
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
in my opinion this was the best nano ever.

^ that
Old Mar 20, 2013, 05:48 AM   #159
Ffosse
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
ahh let's see where do i start. everything you just said are features, not design. and you think a diagonal 2.5" screen is really that great? the 5th gen Nano had a 2.22" screen. guess what - they're both pointless for watching videos which is why they are shaped that way. then they stripped away that feature in favor of a small square clip on design, now they're back to the elongated rectangular design.

i was talking about design. go to Wikipedia and look up the iPod Nano and see what Apple does with the design generations. it's pure genius. basically marketing 101

look man, i didn't mean to strike a nerve with you. i like the 6th as it suits my needs better. my parents prefer the 7th gen nano b/c it has a bigger screen. but my point is that you don't need the newest nano to have the big screen - Apple had it before but they keep going back and forth to create the "all new design" marketing spin
I had the 6, and while I liked it, the screen was too small for scrolling playlists and songs plus the battery wasn't very good - the 7G screen is much better in that regard, plus with the player in my pocket I can now browse playlists etc. using the buttons on the side.

Design or not, the 7G is a huge improvement over the 6G - it's basically a far more advanced player.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod