Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17, 2013, 01:29 PM   #26
pilot1226
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Starting to get deployed in North NJ. Was in Clifton and noticed far faster data speeds. Confirmed with Rootmetrics.
__________________
-- Pilot
iPad 3 (April '12) 16 GB Wifi (Black), Sprint iPhone 5S 16 GB (Space Gray) [Spigen Neo Hybrid (Black)], AppleTV 3
pilot1226 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 08:11 PM   #27
Coleman2010
macrumors 65832
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaft View Post
Im not sure about jersey. NYC is almost all lit up with LTE. I live in brooklyn and get LTE just about everywhere. Speed average around 16mb/s
Where are you in Brooklyn?
Coleman2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 09:04 PM   #28
LithePanther
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
I would go with neither of these services tbh.

I live about 15 minutes from NYC and I hate t-mobile.

I switched a month ago from ATT because of the no contracts, but i'm considering paying off my phone fee and switching back to ATT.

T-mobile's service is roughly 1/3 worse then ATT (I have no actual data, just my own personal experience). Sometimes my iPhone 5 on t-mobile is slower then my iPhone 4 on ATT was.

I'm definitely not satisfied. And i've never connected to LTE since I bought the phone from the store.
LithePanther is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 01:35 AM   #29
Coleman2010
macrumors 65832
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by LithePanther View Post
I would go with neither of these services tbh.

I live about 15 minutes from NYC and I hate t-mobile.

I switched a month ago from ATT because of the no contracts, but i'm considering paying off my phone fee and switching back to ATT.

T-mobile's service is roughly 1/3 worse then ATT (I have no actual data, just my own personal experience). Sometimes my iPhone 5 on t-mobile is slower then my iPhone 4 on ATT was.

I'm definitely not satisfied. And i've never connected to LTE since I bought the phone from the store.
Do you have the T-Mobile carrier update installed? Do you ride NYC subways? There is LTE in the subway and also in Queens. T-Mobile should light up NYC LTE in June. I'd wait and see what your service is like after LTE is enabled before switching.
Coleman2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 08:02 AM   #30
osofast240sx
macrumors 68000
 
osofast240sx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LithePanther View Post
I would go with neither of these services tbh.

I live about 15 minutes from NYC and I hate t-mobile.

I switched a month ago from ATT because of the no contracts, but i'm considering paying off my phone fee and switching back to ATT.

T-mobile's service is roughly 1/3 worse then ATT (I have no actual data, just my own personal experience). Sometimes my iPhone 5 on t-mobile is slower then my iPhone 4 on ATT was.

I'm definitely not satisfied. And i've never connected to LTE since I bought the phone from the store.
Your not making any sense! 15 minutes away by foot by car?? What direction ? This info does not help the OP. please be detailed .
__________________
iPhone 5s 64Gb T-mobile Gold13" MacBookPro BaseiPad air, ATV3Airport ExpressiPhone 5, 64Gb, black(wife)iPad mini(wife)
osofast240sx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 02:01 PM   #31
Zaft
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleman2010 View Post
Where are you in Brooklyn?
Coney Island
Zaft is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 03:26 PM   #32
Coleman2010
macrumors 65832
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaft View Post
Coney Island
You're getting T-Mobile LTE out there? So far I've only seen LTE turned on in the subways, Wards Island, Astoria, Flushing, and Jamaica. I live in Hamilton Heights and work in Midtown. I haven't seen LTE in either yet.
Coleman2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 04:47 PM   #33
Zaft
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleman2010 View Post
You're getting T-Mobile LTE out there? So far I've only seen LTE turned on in the subways, Wards Island, Astoria, Flushing, and Jamaica. I live in Hamilton Heights and work in Midtown. I haven't seen LTE in either yet.
oh sorry for confusion. it's sprint lte I was talking about
Zaft is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 08:26 PM   #34
LithePanther
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleman2010 View Post
Do you have the T-Mobile carrier update installed? Do you ride NYC subways? There is LTE in the subway and also in Queens. T-Mobile should light up NYC LTE in June. I'd wait and see what your service is like after LTE is enabled before switching.
Yes.

No.

We'll see. If I haven't switched back to ATT by then.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by osofast240sx View Post
Your not making any sense! 15 minutes away by foot by car?? What direction ? This info does not help the OP. please be detailed .
Car. Who the hell measures distance by walking unless you're actually in the city?

East.
LithePanther is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 07:04 PM   #35
pilot1226
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Looks like the footprint from around Clifton, NJ is expanding daily.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/29...-via-sensorly/
__________________
-- Pilot
iPad 3 (April '12) 16 GB Wifi (Black), Sprint iPhone 5S 16 GB (Space Gray) [Spigen Neo Hybrid (Black)], AppleTV 3
pilot1226 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 07:23 PM   #36
Yeezus
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2013
How much money in total are you spending on Sprint? Along with the minutes used per month?



I advise you to check out this $30 T-Mobile prepaid plan before checking out T-Mobile's family plans
__________________
T-Mobile iPhone 5 32 GB 6.1.2, iPad w/Retina 32 GB, iPod Touch 2G 8 GB
Yeezus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2013, 08:52 PM   #37
pilot1226
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeezus View Post
How much money in total are you spending on Sprint? Along with the minutes used per month?

Image

I advise you to check out this $30 T-Mobile prepaid plan before checking out T-Mobile's family plans
About $220 for 4 lines with unlimited data, text, and 1500 shared minutes (free night/wknd).

The 100 minutes makes it not really feasible. The four of us easily use over 1000 minutes when factoring in nights/weekends.
__________________
-- Pilot
iPad 3 (April '12) 16 GB Wifi (Black), Sprint iPhone 5S 16 GB (Space Gray) [Spigen Neo Hybrid (Black)], AppleTV 3
pilot1226 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2013, 08:33 AM   #38
dewthedru
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LithePanther View Post

Car. Who the hell measures distance by walking unless you're actually in the city?

East.

ROFL! I was thinking the exact same thing.
dewthedru is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2013, 10:59 AM   #39
osofast240sx
macrumors 68000
 
osofast240sx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewthedru View Post
ROFL! I was thinking the exact same thing.
I was trying to get his location. 15 in every direction of NYC u will get 4G.
osofast240sx is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2013, 07:52 AM   #40
pilot1226
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
The footprint is continuing to expand, a little bit every day, according to the sensorly map.

What I can't understand is why in hell they started with poorer cities like Passaic and Patterson rather than the more affluent communities around it. Whatever.
__________________
-- Pilot
iPad 3 (April '12) 16 GB Wifi (Black), Sprint iPhone 5S 16 GB (Space Gray) [Spigen Neo Hybrid (Black)], AppleTV 3
pilot1226 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2013, 09:45 AM   #41
Coleman2010
macrumors 65832
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot1226 View Post
The footprint is continuing to expand, a little bit every day, according to the sensorly map.

What I can't understand is why in hell they started with poorer cities like Passaic and Patterson rather than the more affluent communities around it. Whatever.
Yeah. It's not like "poor people" need decent cell service.
Coleman2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2013, 07:28 PM   #42
mrbrown
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Springfield, MO
Send a message via ICQ to mrbrown Send a message via AIM to mrbrown Send a message via MSN to mrbrown Send a message via Yahoo to mrbrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot1226 View Post

What I can't understand is why in hell they started with poorer cities like Passaic and Patterson rather than the more affluent communities around it. Whatever.
Lower regulatory costs. No NIMBY's.
mrbrown is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC