Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I don't know if it's just my computer, but the Tweetbot app is rather laggy and less refined in comparison to the official Twitter for Mac app. Scrolling, transitions, responsiveness, etc all seem to be better with the Twitter app. I realize Tweetbot is a more intensive app so this might have something to do with it, but I just want to know if this is normal.

AppleMacNerd

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2013
United Kingdom
I don't know if it's just my computer, but the Tweetbot app is rather laggy and less refined in comparison to the official Twitter for Mac app. Scrolling, transitions, responsiveness, etc all seem to be better with the Twitter app. I realize Tweetbot is a more intensive app so this might have something to do with it, but I just want to know if this is normal.

Runs fine with no problems on my 2011 MBA - i5/4gb/128gb ssd

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Have you guys tried comparing it to how the Twitter for Mac application runs? To me there's an obvious difference. Tweetbot scrolls like an old Android phone and Twitter app scrolls like iOS. My MBA is pretty new so it's not that mine can't handle it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.