Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM   #1351
jnpy!$4g3cwk
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmunjal View Post
No one wants to answer this question. It is hypothetical but I'd be interested in a Democrat's opinion. The odds are about 60% according to one expert who got it right last time. If Republicans are as bad as being portrayed here, how can they possibly have a chance?
Because the corporate-funded ad campaigns have already started?

I live in a "blue" region, so, it was all the more shocking in 2012 when I visited a "battleground" region on business late spring/early summer. Turning on any commercial channel was like watching Fox News, with a constant barrage of misleading and outright lying pro-Republican ads. Which makes it all the more amazing that the President won.

Now, there will be so much money thrown in to those Senate races I can't imagine what those states will be like.
jnpy!$4g3cwk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM   #1352
Dmunjal
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnpy!$4g3cwk View Post
Because the corporate-funded ad campaigns have already started?

I live in a "blue" region, so, it was all the more shocking in 2012 when I visited a "battleground" region on business late spring/early summer. Turning on any commercial channel was like watching Fox News, with a constant barrage of misleading and outright lying pro-Republican ads. Which makes it all the more amazing that the President won.

Now, there will be so much money thrown in to those Senate races I can't imagine what those states will be like.
True. But it's not like it's one sided. Both sides spend a lot of money and will spend more this year as well.
Dmunjal is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM   #1353
Huntn
macrumors 603

Money, billions, prejudices, and lies subvert the process. The entire GOP machine is a fine tuned Pravda and the sheep are ready to be sheared.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:24 AM   #1354
ElectronGuru
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmunjal View Post
If they win the Senate, then it worked didn't it?
It's a two way street. If Reps winning the senate indicates it worked, then the Reps not winning the senate indicates it didn't. But are the implications also a two way street? If Reps winning indicate the Dems should fold up their tent, does the same not also apply to the Republican tent? In this case, the block at all costs strategy.

I would be rather surprised if Reps gave up their stance in the house, having lost the senate again.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues