Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Nov 6, 2012, 01:20 PM   #51
cynics
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb5374 View Post
This is my opinion ,not based on scientific data / theorem or dubious web links ;

Apple fear making bigger devices with resizable widgets and customisable setup and open development, purely on the basis they know unless they put in all the work or supersize the processor and ram the devices will LAG , and apple simply can't have that , or they will have devices with no distinction from android than better build quality and a certain fruit based imprint on the back

Just my opinion , but think about it, , its either commercial (profit margin / component costs) or pure fear they will have a lot of work to do not to end up like a one horse android (trick) pony.
Not only that but it will kill the battery. Androids come a long way with battery life while keeping functionality.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:25 AM   #52
SlCKB0Y
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnev3 View Post
Android has always had the lions share of the mobile market. Both app stores have been around for years, yet you still have great apps that are not coming out on Android. The two most recent ones that come to mind are Punch Quest and NFS Most Wanted. Two very good games.
I know.... It totally sucks. I was so hanging to be able to play the new need for speed on my Nexus 7 and now I can't because Android sucks and the Play Store is totally deficient.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...5uZnMxM19uYSJd

Err....wait. what the??

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices