Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:39 PM   #51
flavr
macrumors 6502

After having to ask the manager several times for a higher ups phone number he gave it to me. She seemed much more willing to help...so we'll see...
flavr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:48 PM   #52
Squilly
macrumors 68000

A manager wouldn't be a dick about the package. They know where it's coming from, it's right on the box. Chances are, he stole it...
Squilly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:58 PM   #53
sectime
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavr View Post
After having to ask the manager several times for a higher ups phone number he gave it to me. She seemed much more willing to help...so we'll see...
Can they evict you for any reason in your rental agreement ? Be firm but nice!!
sectime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:18 PM   #54
bova80
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squilly View Post
A manager wouldn't be a dick about the package. They know where it's coming from, it's right on the box. Chances are, he stole it...
I'm going to go ahead and say the manager is guilty
bova80 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:36 PM   #55
flavr
macrumors 6502

I have some majors clues it could be him, detailed specific things that point in that direction. Im going to limit my comments on this forum for legal reasons from here on out, Im taking the appropriate measures to settle this. Its been reported to local authorities, top building management, FedEx and Apple. Thanks for all your support. I will report back once it has been resolved.
flavr is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:45 PM   #56
Aspasia
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post
I have never ordered via post from Apple, does the signing document state the item is an iPad?
No, there is nothing to indicate the contents of the box when you sign for it, nor does the shipping box state "Apple" anywhere on it. The return address is tiny print from some place in CA. I had to put on my glasses to read it.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:05 PM   #57
MrXiro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I have some majors clues it could be him, detailed specific things that point in that direction. Im going to limit my comments on this forum for legal reasons from here on out, Im taking the appropriate measures to settle this. Its been reported to local authorities, top building management, FedEx and Apple. Thanks for all your support. I will report back once it has been resolved.
Good luck!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:21 PM   #58
ALMF
macrumors regular

My mini was delivered to the wrong address. FedEx did recover and re-delivered it.

before calling FedEx I had first spoken to apple and they did say that they needed to open investigation as this happens from time to time. An apple manager assured me I would recieve a mini within a couple days as they would expedite shipping of a new one if needed. Apple agreed that they and FedEx were responsible to ensure that it was delivered to me. as a curtesy apple gave me $70 in store merch.

like i said at the beginning FedEx was able to recover the package (same day)and apple still sent me the store merch for my troubles.
ALMF is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:47 AM   #59
propita
macrumors newbie

Damn! That sucks.

Two weeks ago, while on vacation in Hawaii, iPad minis had to be ordered. Here in Fresno, they had at least 12 black 32G sitting there, plus the other sizes/color.
propita is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 01:25 AM   #60
class77
macrumors 6502a

It's a bailment situation and the management company should be responsible for the iPad until you pick it up. There is a locked room for secure storage of the deliveries, so it's not a casual situation. They took it upon themselves to sign for it, so the management company not Apple is responsible.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 03:14 AM   #61
zed2
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by class77 View Post
It's a bailment situation and the management company should be responsible for the iPad until you pick it up. There is a locked room for secure storage of the deliveries, so it's not a casual situation. They took it upon themselves to sign for it, so the management company not Apple is responsible.
It seems very odd how they think they can get away with stealing something which has been signed for in your building and under their responsibility.

There are only a very few people who could have access to the package. It should be very easy for the police to interview those and get it resolved.

Good luck
Old Dec 1, 2012, 03:28 AM   #62
forza69
macrumors 6502a

Are there no security cameras that could have seen who took it? Sorry if this has been mentioned already but I didn't read every post.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:45 AM   #63
ChazUK
macrumors 603

Good luck OP. Great read so far and I hope you get your iPad and to the bottom of whatever has gone on.

You sound like you're on the case anyway!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 08:52 AM   #64
flavr
macrumors 6502

So it looks like the apartment might repay me for iPad by knocking price off next months rent. That's great except for one problem, I bought a 16 gig referb iPad 3 from apple online and they are all sold out. So I'd have to throw in another $150 to replace my stolen iPad. I'm not looking for $$ just want a replacement iPad, so ill be asking for enough money to do just that.

BUT here is an interesting twist. I called apple this morning to get some information and the first name on my delivery and itunes account came up Robert, with my MY actual last name (Robert ......) .Robert is not my first name. BUT the first initial of the the guy at the desk that signed for it was R!!!! I'm looking into if his name is in fact Robert.
flavr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 09:06 AM   #65
PhiladelphiaX
macrumors member

Quote:
So it looks like the apartment might repay me for iPad by knocking price off next months rent. That's great except for one problem, I bought a 16 gig referb iPad 3 from apple online and they are all sold out. So I'd have to throw in another $150 to replace my stolen iPad. I'm not looking for $$ just want a replacement iPad, so ill be asking for enough money to do just that.

BUT here is an interesting twist. I called apple this morning to get some information and the first name on my delivery and itunes account came up Robert, with my MY actual last name (Robert ......) .Robert is not my first name. BUT the first initial of the the guy at the desk that signed for it was R!!!! I'm looking into if his name is in fact Robert.
What's the full name of the person who activated and registered your iPad 3 on iTunes?

Also, you should be able to find out the full name of the guy at the front desk if you want to - you should definitely do that if you haven't already.

If he's stupid enough to register the iPad under his real name on iTunes, he definitely deserves what he has coming to him, lol.
PhiladelphiaX is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad