Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
Which stock text tone have you decided on? Personally I like tri-tone the best. It gets my attention but isn't obnoxious. The only problem is the iPhone is crazy popular and everyone kept tri-tone like I did. I'm trying to find an alternative in the stock tones but I don't really like any of the others.

What did you choose?

Sankersizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Canadadada
Which stock text tone have you decided on? Personally I like tri-tone the best. It gets my attention but isn't obnoxious. The only problem is the iPhone is crazy popular and everyone kept tri-tone like I did. I'm trying to find an alternative in the stock tones but I don't really like any of the others.

What did you choose?

I use a custom tone for my friends that sounds like a PS3 trophy notification, so every text feels like an accomplishment. For VIP's I use fanfare, because it sounds like royalty has just texted you.

cheezeit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Dallas, TX

What did you choose?

I just got bored and kept it stock. More confusing when your with all your friends and you get a text and everyone checks their phone ;)

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
I use a custom text tone. I use to use the stock tri-tone but I had that for years so then I changed it to Calypso. Then I got tired of that and then change it to the street fighter (Hadouken) alert tone when the bus driver incident happen. :D Then I change it to the default Samsung Finesse ringtone. Don't ask me why but for some odd reason I like hearing the sound of it

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
I use a custom tone for my friends that sounds like a PS3 trophy notification, so every text feels like an accomplishment. For VIP's I use fanfare, because it sounds like royalty has just texted you.

where did you get the PS3 style one?

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2012
I use the swoosh sound usually used for incoming mail. It's not as loud and annoying. I get a lot of texts and I prefer something not very annoying

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.