Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Mar 27, 2013, 03:59 PM   #26
beysus
macrumors member

I'm debating as well if I should get Apple Care but the tendency is yes. As a student I don't have the money to effortlessly buy a new computer every year and I rely on this machine because of my study so I rather be on the safer side.

If I was you, I don't think I would get it. Depends if you belong to the kind of people who don't like throwing away things easily but since you're kinda well off now, you might as well get a new computer.

To be honest, I wouldn't get it if I had a normal MacBook Pro but the Air seems so much more fragile.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 05:35 PM   #27
2IS
macrumors 68000

I personally wouldn't get it. I got it for my iPhone 5 because I'm far more likely to drop and break it.
2IS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:38 PM   #28
maatae
macrumors newbie

I'm planning on buying a sealed applecare off craigslist this weekend for about $160. Would you guys still not recommend the purchase at the lower price?
maatae is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2013, 08:55 PM   #29
excommie
macrumors regular

Apple offers $300.00 flat rate fix. That's a good alternative for those who did not buy apple care. Also, a lot of people are getting their computers fixed free of charge, even with no apple care. It just depends on your luck.
excommie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2013, 08:58 PM   #30
thejadedmonkey
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to thejadedmonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by excommie View Post
Apple offers $300.00 flat rate fix. That's a good alternative for those who did not buy apple care. Also, a lot of people are getting their computers fixed free of charge, even with no apple care. It just depends on your luck.
BS. Even with AppleCare, Apple is still quite happy to charge over $1299 to fix a fan.

Source: Personal experience
experience comes from bad judgment."
- Mulla Nasrudin
thejadedmonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 06:15 AM   #31
excommie
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejadedmonkey View Post
BS. Even with AppleCare, Apple is still quite happy to charge over $1299 to fix a fan.

Source: Personal experience
Well, my experience was different. I got my entire display assembly replaced for free on a 3.5 years old MBP that never had any applecare.
excommie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 06:22 AM   #32
Gunlance
macrumors newbie

Yes apple care every single time. Why? The only Mac book I bought was a used pre unibody MBP. The logic board went up and they couldn't fix it within 3 attempts so I got a brand new unibody MBP. That one went tits up due to graphic issues so guess what? I got another new MBP(early 2011 model) for free.

So get apple care for every expensive apple product you buy.
Gunlance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 07:31 AM   #33
CoMoMacUser
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie View Post
They don't count the AppleCare as manufacturer warranty? I thought buying computer+AC with AMEX would get you four total years of coverage.
No, I asked AMEX, and it applies only to a manufacturer's base warranty. That said, I recommend calling AMEX anyway in case the policy has changed. If it has, please post here so others will know. Thanks.
CoMoMacUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 07:37 AM   #34
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

AppleCare is a must on all my Apple products. I have only had to use it once, but that once was worth all the times I have not needed it. I had an iMac 27" that was constantly in the shop for repairs during the 2 years I owned it. During that period I had over $2000 in repairs done to the iMac. Apple finally decided to exchange it for a new iMac. I now have an iMac that is problem free and all because of AppleCare. Better to have it and never use it, than to regret not having it when needed. Spend the money. I talk from experience.
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Tags
apple care, applecare, macbook air 2012