Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 19, 2013, 03:03 PM   #376
12vElectronics
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Western United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuvorty View Post
I think it has to do with boredom. People get bored of using the same products day in and day out, and people like to change things up once a while to experience new things and new features...
Totally understandable. But I can honestly say the iPhone is probably the most perfect product I have ever used. I've been using the iPhone since 3G (2008) and I love every day of it even till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verpeiler View Post
Because the iPhone and iOS are far from perfect
I guess IMO it is. Minor updates make it better and better, but fundamentally the iPhone is perfect..

Quote:
Originally Posted by asthamapheo View Post
perfect in your view, a three year old android flagship phone running iOS in my opinion
Huh?
__________________
iPhone 5 16gb-iPod Video 30gb 5th gen-
iPod Nano 16gb 7th gen-iPod Shuffle 2gb 4th gen-iPad Mini 16gb 1st gen
12vElectronics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 06:16 PM   #377
bp1000
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
I can't remember the format for these events

Will it be a video download post event like WWDC or will we have to rely on live blogs only for all our info?
__________________
#applechat
bp1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:19 PM   #378
anshuvorty
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1000 View Post
I can't remember the format for these events

Will it be a video download post event like WWDC or will we have to rely on live blogs only for all our info?
judging from past apple events and being a spoiler-free veteran since 2009, I can say that if you want your coverage live, follow one of the tech blogs that will be live-blogging it. Otherwise wait for a video download 2-3 hrs after the event has ended.

PS: There could be a possibility that Apple might once again live-stream the event to Apple devices like at WWDC this year....
__________________
2nd Generation iPod Touch (8GB), 6th Generation iPod Classic (80GB), 2nd Generation iPod Shuffle (Silver, 1 GB), 5th Generation iPod Touch (Black/Slate, 32 GB)
anshuvorty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:55 AM   #379
TiMBERFLY USA
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Texas
 
see vendor information in user profile
Guess it's time to get to work on a new design for our cases! Oh, and how I was enjoying actually getting some sleep...

Eric - TiMBERFLY USA *The only one-piece hardwood iPhone case, with a face*
www.timberfly.com
support@timberfly.com
TiMBERFLY USA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 09:05 AM   #380
noriyori
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motawa View Post
Stop the 16gb crap.... It's time to start with 32. For iPad at least.
I'm surprised we're not seeing 100gb+ sizes yet...
noriyori is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 08:28 PM   #381
Xiroteus
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motawa View Post
Stop the 16gb crap.... It's time to start with 32. For iPad at least.
Strongly agree, the difference from 16GB to 32GB is so small there is no reason that should ever be a hundred dollar upgrade anymore. 32GB to 64GB is even a little crazy for that cost.
Xiroteus is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 04:53 PM   #382
Pikapiedra
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
big 10 sep

You know what I think. September 10 Jay Blahnik will come on stage and will introduce the iwatch. And will end with "available this summer"
Pikapiedra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 05:31 PM   #383
anshuvorty
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikapiedra View Post
You know what I think. September 10 Jay Blahnik will come on stage and will introduce the iwatch. And will end with "available this summer"
the days of Steve Jobs and the "one more thing" are long gone. Don't count on it. This event will be as we expect it: updates on Apple Store, growth in iPhone sales, and the need to enter the emerging markets, segue into iPhone 5C and then into iPhone 5S. If we are lucky, they might also mention the release date for the Mac Pro. iPads/iPad Mini will be at a future event...

Just my thoughts..
__________________
2nd Generation iPod Touch (8GB), 6th Generation iPod Classic (80GB), 2nd Generation iPod Shuffle (Silver, 1 GB), 5th Generation iPod Touch (Black/Slate, 32 GB)

Last edited by anshuvorty; Sep 2, 2013 at 07:44 PM.
anshuvorty is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2013, 09:15 AM   #384
danielowenuk
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
No confirmation of this date yet?

How much notice did they give last time out, I seem to remember it being around a week?

Edit - just checked, 8 days!
danielowenuk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2013, 01:43 PM   #385
Psychopulse
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I would give anything to see an event like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2MOwQ089eQ

Eh.
__________________
Cool photos
Psychopulse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2013, 07:41 PM   #386
AidenShaw
macrumors G5
 
AidenShaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Peninsula
Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuvorty View Post
the days of Steve Jobs and the "one more thing" are long gone. Don't count on it. This event will be as we expect it: updates on Apple Store, growth in iPhone sales, and the need to enter the emerging markets, segway into iPhone 5C and then into iPhone 5S. If we are lucky, they might also mention the release date for the Mac Pro. iPads/iPad Mini will be at a future event...

Just my thoughts..
Or even better, segue into the phone stuff - since "segue" is an actual word that means "transition".
__________________
Edward Snowden - American Hero.
Daniel Ellsberg: "Edward Snowden: Saving Us from the United Stasi of America"
AidenShaw is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2013, 07:43 PM   #387
anshuvorty
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenShaw View Post
Or even better, segue into the phone stuff - since "segue" is an actual word that means "transition".
yea, kinda forgot how to spell segue there for a second...
__________________
2nd Generation iPod Touch (8GB), 6th Generation iPod Classic (80GB), 2nd Generation iPod Shuffle (Silver, 1 GB), 5th Generation iPod Touch (Black/Slate, 32 GB)
anshuvorty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2013, 07:48 PM   #388
AidenShaw
macrumors G5
 
AidenShaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Peninsula
Is this confirmation?

Quote:
http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/01/tech...html?hpt=hp_t3

Wal-Mart slashes iPhone 5 and iPad prices

The retail giant said it has slashed the price of the 16 gigabyte iPhone 5 to $98. ...
__________________
Edward Snowden - American Hero.
Daniel Ellsberg: "Edward Snowden: Saving Us from the United Stasi of America"
AidenShaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 03:02 AM   #389
danielowenuk
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenShaw View Post
Is this confirmation?
No, confirmation is Apple sending out invites. Obviously media from all over the world will attend, and we are now down to 7 days notice. Still not too late but it will be in a couple of days.
danielowenuk is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 03:50 AM   #390
Fatboy71
macrumors 6502a
 
Fatboy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielowenuk View Post
No, confirmation is Apple sending out invites. Obviously media from all over the world will attend, and we are now down to 7 days notice. Still not too late but it will be in a couple of days.
I would have thought too, that invites would have been going out now, or at least some confirmation from Apple that they are having a event on the 10 September and where.

Maybe later today or tomorrow, if there's been no confirmation after tomorrow, then perhaps the 10 September might not be the date for the event.
__________________
iMac Late 2012, 2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 1TB Fusion Drive, NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5, 24GB ram
iPhone 5s 32GB Space Grey, iPad Air 32GB
Fatboy71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 04:10 AM   #391
dsh3
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy71 View Post
I would have thought too, that invites would have been going out now, or at least some confirmation from Apple that they are having a event on the 10 September and where.

Maybe later today or tomorrow, if there's been no confirmation after tomorrow, then perhaps the 10 September might not be the date for the event.
My thoughts exactly. I'm starting to worry if iOS 7 is in too early a stage for a public release, judging from the betas that were available. Even beta 6 was very rubbish on several devices.
dsh3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 04:45 AM   #392
danielowenuk
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh3 View Post
My thoughts exactly. I'm starting to worry if iOS 7 is in too early a stage for a public release, judging from the betas that were available. Even beta 6 was very rubbish on several devices.
Hmm GM for IOS6 was released on the 12 of September, so not sure the state of IOS7 is any guide. They could release the GM on the 10th and that would be in line with last year.
danielowenuk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 04:58 AM   #393
dsh3
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielowenuk View Post
Hmm GM for IOS6 was released on the 12 of September, so not sure the state of IOS7 is any guide. They could release the GM on the 10th and that would be in line with last year.
Yes, I know - time wise it can still work out as it did last year. I was/am just worried due to the state of the latest beta.
dsh3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 08:05 AM   #394
otismotive77
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2013
but when will apple confirm it....
less than a week remaining and still no invitations.
otismotive77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2013, 03:26 AM   #395
danielowenuk
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Invites are out, happier now
danielowenuk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC