Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I think it has to do with boredom. People get bored of using the same products day in and day out, and people like to change things up once a while to experience new things and new features...

Totally understandable. But I can honestly say the iPhone is probably the most perfect product I have ever used. I've been using the iPhone since 3G (2008) and I love every day of it even till now.

Because the iPhone and iOS are far from perfect

I guess IMO it is. Minor updates make it better and better, but fundamentally the iPhone is perfect..

perfect in your view, a three year old android flagship phone running iOS in my opinion

Huh? :confused:

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
I can't remember the format for these events

Will it be a video download post event like WWDC or will we have to rely on live blogs only for all our info?

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
I can't remember the format for these events

Will it be a video download post event like WWDC or will we have to rely on live blogs only for all our info?

judging from past apple events and being a spoiler-free veteran since 2009, I can say that if you want your coverage live, follow one of the tech blogs that will be live-blogging it. Otherwise wait for a video download 2-3 hrs after the event has ended.

PS: There could be a possibility that Apple might once again live-stream the event to Apple devices like at WWDC this year....

Xiroteus

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2012
Stop the 16gb crap.... It's time to start with 32. For iPad at least.

Strongly agree, the difference from 16GB to 32GB is so small there is no reason that should ever be a hundred dollar upgrade anymore. 32GB to 64GB is even a little crazy for that cost.

Pikapiedra

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
big 10 sep

You know what I think. September 10 Jay Blahnik will come on stage and will introduce the iwatch. And will end with "available this summer"

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
You know what I think. September 10 Jay Blahnik will come on stage and will introduce the iwatch. And will end with "available this summer"

the days of Steve Jobs and the "one more thing" are long gone. Don't count on it. This event will be as we expect it: updates on Apple Store, growth in iPhone sales, and the need to enter the emerging markets, segue into iPhone 5C and then into iPhone 5S. If we are lucky, they might also mention the release date for the Mac Pro. iPads/iPad Mini will be at a future event...

Just my thoughts..

Last edited:

danielowenuk

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
No confirmation of this date yet?

How much notice did they give last time out, I seem to remember it being around a week?

Edit - just checked, 8 days!

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
the days of Steve Jobs and the "one more thing" are long gone. Don't count on it. This event will be as we expect it: updates on Apple Store, growth in iPhone sales, and the need to enter the emerging markets, segway into iPhone 5C and then into iPhone 5S. If we are lucky, they might also mention the release date for the Mac Pro. iPads/iPad Mini will be at a future event...

Just my thoughts..

Or even better, segue into the phone stuff - since "segue" is an actual word that means "transition".

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
No, confirmation is Apple sending out invites. Obviously media from all over the world will attend, and we are now down to 7 days notice. Still not too late but it will be in a couple of days.

I would have thought too, that invites would have been going out now, or at least some confirmation from Apple that they are having a event on the 10 September and where.

Maybe later today or tomorrow, if there's been no confirmation after tomorrow, then perhaps the 10 September might not be the date for the event.

dsh3

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2012
Denmark
I would have thought too, that invites would have been going out now, or at least some confirmation from Apple that they are having a event on the 10 September and where.

Maybe later today or tomorrow, if there's been no confirmation after tomorrow, then perhaps the 10 September might not be the date for the event.

My thoughts exactly. I'm starting to worry if iOS 7 is in too early a stage for a public release, judging from the betas that were available. Even beta 6 was very rubbish on several devices.

danielowenuk

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
My thoughts exactly. I'm starting to worry if iOS 7 is in too early a stage for a public release, judging from the betas that were available. Even beta 6 was very rubbish on several devices.

Hmm GM for IOS6 was released on the 12 of September, so not sure the state of IOS7 is any guide. They could release the GM on the 10th and that would be in line with last year.

dsh3

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2012
Denmark
Hmm GM for IOS6 was released on the 12 of September, so not sure the state of IOS7 is any guide. They could release the GM on the 10th and that would be in line with last year.

Yes, I know - time wise it can still work out as it did last year. I was/am just worried due to the state of the latest beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.