Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kamusta1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
After powering my iPhone 5 off then on I would get a black screen after the Apple logo. The only thing that is visible is the top line where the carrier logo, time and battery meter is and everything is black. Tapping on the screen or pressing any of the buttons doesn't do anything. I can still activate Siri or take a screen cap. I tried rebooting a few times and had the same issue. The only way I can get the slide to unlock screen to appear is to answer a call and hang up. It does not happen when I wake up phone and it is already powered on.

I think narrowed down the cause. I have exchange mail for my work with a passcode. When I deleted the account and turned off the passcode, the iphone booted normally. I am not sure if this is a phone issue or iOS 6 issue.

Is anyone with Exchange mail and passcode having this issue?

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 151

Coolcanada

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2012
I got the same problem today. But it wasn't related to exchange or pass code. I had to reboot the phone and it started normally.

Looks like apple have started making crap products.

harty646

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
I just got iPhone 5 today and exact same issue from moment they activated at Apple Store. They were shocked to see this happening as well. It is still doing it. I have not tried to disable my corporate exchange with password yet. You can hold power button down on top right like you are shutting it down and you main screen will turn on. It is just not right though.

Rainforest

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
Weird. This happened to me today as well for the first time. I just pressed the sleep button and tried to reawaken immediately, and the screen went black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.