Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:47 AM   #1
adellachris
macrumors newbie

Bootcamp not giving partition option(USB)

okay so, i have my iso, my usb, and bootcamp ready to go.

first off, i only get two options in the beginning, download windows support and install windows 7. every video/tut I've looked at they all have three options. so i click both of them, which the first time it copied those windows support files into the wrong folder. after i figured that out, and moved them to the usb, i clicked continue. when allotting the gigs, instead of there being a clickable button saying partition, it says install. I'm not sure if thats bad or anything, but I've noticed everyone else's says partition. But, i click install, says install disc not found. The iso is in my usb, along with the windows support files. I'm on a macbook pro early 2011, lion 10.7.4

im not at all a mac person, this is my girlfriends. I'm not against them, i just want my gaming freedom. i tried running vmware on this computer, but she only has 4gb ram, so i figured it'd be easier, and cheaper than expanding the memory.

and btw, I'm not just a newb asking for help, I've literally been trying different methods for week to get this game working

any help would be greatly appreciated, dragon nest is calling me...
adellachris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:02 PM   #2
adellachris
macrumors newbie

well if no one has an answer, direct to any other mac forums i can post this in.

thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:05 AM   #3
lsh
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adellachris View Post
well if no one has an answer, direct to any other mac forums i can post this in.

thanks.
I can't speak to your problem, but it might help to look at you tube. When I last did a bootcamp install, I noticed something I had missed that way.
lsh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:30 AM   #4
adellachris
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsh View Post
I can't speak to your problem, but it might help to look at you tube. When I last did a bootcamp install, I noticed something I had missed that way.
thats how i know that I'm missing the partition option, but ill go and check it out.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:14 AM   #5
Takasho
macrumors newbie

I followed the instructions on this page and hacked the Boot Camp Assistant info.plist file.

The option was then available to my late 2011 MBP:

http://adam.hathcock.us/how-to-enabl...ate-usb-instal
Takasho is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac