Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cnizzle06

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
I'm looking at a post on craigslist for the Air and he has no listed price, but is instead just taking offers:
Barely Used **mint** condition Macbook Air for sale its 11 inch screen.
+Processor- 1.6ghz intel core i5
+Memory- 2 GB 1333mhz ddr3
+Graphics- Intel HD Grapocs 3000 288mb
+Software- Mac OS X lion

What would be a reasonable offer?

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
I'm looking at a post on craigslist for the Air and he has no listed price, but is instead just taking offers:
Barely Used **mint** condition Macbook Air for sale its 11 inch screen.
+Processor- 1.6ghz intel core i5
+Memory- 2 GB 1333mhz ddr3
+Graphics- Intel HD Grapocs 3000 288mb
+Software- Mac OS X lion

What would be a reasonable offer?

Around $700 I'd say.

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
One thing to think about, the 2012s came with USB 3.0 and the HD Facetime camera.

There are a few 2012s for $850 in the Apple refurbished store.

If I were choosing between this and the other (if he would take $700), I'd still take the one from Apple store since I get a fresh 1 year warranty, 4Gb of ram and the better camera/USB ports. The one on CL is likely out of warranty.

Cnizzle06

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
thanks guys. I'm still on the fence. Buying used always causes me some concern.

----------

He said the current highest offer is 580...
Should I bite at 600?

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
thanks guys. I'm still on the fence. Buying used always causes me some concern.

----------

He said the current highest offer is 580...
Should I bite at 600?

Check it out carefully - I loving buying used off CL - I only purchase if it still has warranty.

jazzybest

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2013
run the hardware test before buying and ensure there is not liquid spill damage. There is liquid spill indicator. I would open up and inspect the inside. A reasonable price for me would be $100 cheaper then refurbished offered by apple. Also be aware liquid spill laptops can function
when dried out but depending on the liquid can cause corrosion and die on you down the road.
There is there is liquid spill zero warranty.

My choice was always been apple refurbished for expensive items as you have warrantly as new and it has been tested and its disounted.

Last edited:

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
I would not pay any amount of money for this computer (Unless crazy cheap)

If you want it though I would not go higher than 500-600 USD. If you did, you might as well buy a non-ultrabook laptop that performs 4x better than the Air for the same price.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
I've bought and sold many things on Craigslist. Just remember you always take a risk when buying computer items. If I were you, I'd just buy one off Amazon. They are selling the exact same one for only $850. It's new and you're getting it from a reputable business.

If you do buy it, meet at a central location that has free wifi and test the hell out of it. And, tell him you plan on doing this prior to meeting.

Cfgreen89

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2013
I was wondering what a reasonable price for this Mac was. I'm selling mine. I think the $100 less than the refurbished price is a good place to start, so that's what I'll list it at.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.