Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Apr 16, 2013, 06:08 PM   #1
SoIsays
macrumors regular

camerasandparts.com

I've seen a few bad reviews online of this site on photography forums but also good reviews. They exclusively repair Canon PowerShots. Has anyone here used them?
SoIsays is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 01:45 PM   #2
SoIsays
macrumors regular

Ooookay, well, I guess I'm the first to use them on macrumors. I shipped my poor S95 to El Paso, TX. They quoted me a 2-3 week turnaround. Normal charge is $89 for a no image fix package but since I broke a ribbon and also the lens tilts due to a fall, there's an extra $30 to replace those broken parts. I hope they do what they say they do...
Old May 10, 2013, 03:31 PM   #3
SoIsays
macrumors regular

Well I got the camera back exactly 3 weeks after they received it from me. Cheaper than sending it to Canon but takes a week longer, though. I was worried that the company would screw me over like the reviews I read on photog forums. The guy who I spoke to sounded like he knew what to do with the camera. He quoted me a turn around time of 2-3 weeks. The camera is good as new!
Old Oct 4, 2013, 02:09 AM   #4
Amanda.84
macrumors newbie

I have used them twice now. Totally Excellent on the Repair!

Hey. Sorry, it seems that I'm a little late to the party Glad they worked out for you. I had them repair a camera years ago, I don't even remember the model but it was a small Canon and they were excellent. I just had them fix a second camera which was a G9 that wouldn't power on from one day to the next. They came through with an excellent repair and service and cleaning both times around. I will use them anytime I need to have a camera worked on. I'd highly recommend them to anyone needing to have a repair done. The service is excellent and actually affordable with them. Have you had any problems since yours was fixed? My old one worked for years until I lost it and the second one just got back and seems to be working beautifully.

Just wondering how yours has been since it was repaired?
Amanda.84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography