Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old Apr 22, 2014, 04:30 PM   #151
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

If you want quality, original programming, they have no choice but to raise their price, which is a bargain.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 04:46 PM   #152
MacNut
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
If you want quality, original programming, they have no choice but to raise their price, which is a bargain.
I agree, They are already beating out the big boys for viewers and awards. Why stop now, they need to continue to grow.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:40 AM   #153
n8mac
macrumors 6502

I just came back to netflix streaming and bluray after I cut the cable bill. I don't mind a few dollars more a month if they can offer more content. Still a whole lot cheaper than cable. Now if can get off their butts and release the Apple TV 4 to compete with Amazon I'll be a happy camper.
n8mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 08:56 AM   #154
rhett7660
macrumors 604

Heck, I would be happy if they were able to get better movies to stream. Don't get me wrong the original programming is good (Orange is The New Black and House of Cards), but the streaming service still needs some better movies and tv shows. I know it is not all their fault etc.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:02 PM   #155
Nabooly
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett7660 View Post
Heck, I would be happy if they were able to get better movies to stream. Don't get me wrong the original programming is good (Orange is The New Black and House of Cards), but the streaming service still needs some better movies and tv shows. I know it is not all their fault etc.
House of cards was great! And they really do have great network television shows on there. But like you said the movies are severely lacking.
Nabooly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2014, 01:37 PM   #156
luckydcxx
macrumors 6502a

why would anyone choose option 1? it seems stupid to even have it there if 2 screens and HD is the same price.

anyway ... i just cancelled my dvd portion and kept the streaming. I find that I have less and less time to watch tv and movies. I will see how just the streaming works out and if i don't use it i will be canceling that too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 2.29.08 PM.png
Views:	32
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	474092  
Old May 30, 2014, 07:30 AM   #157
TPadden
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydcxx View Post
why would anyone choose option 1? it seems stupid to even have it there if 2 screens and HD is the same price. ......
Some don't have unlimited data streaming and pay for it by the GB ...... also for information: the viewing choices are greater on DVD than streaming.
TPadden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2014, 11:32 AM   #158
larrygornick
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPadden View Post
Some don't have unlimited data streaming and pay for it by the GB ...... also for information: the viewing choices are greater on DVD than streaming.
Yeah, they have everything on dvd... Not so much on the streaming. I canceled both of mine when I realized that I was watching less than one or two movies a month. I just go to Goodwill/ yardsales, and buy old vhs tapes for 25 cents a piece. I'm fine with lower quality. I just want to watch the story.
larrygornick is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events