Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Anyone do this with their order ?

Have a couple mostly paranoid questions.

1. Why is the date to deliver to the store longer than getting it to house.
2. How do they know not to sell it to the public ?

About to by MBA 13" i7/8GB/256GB.

Cannot wait!

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
1. Maybe because they have to receive it and put it away (if it's a day or two)
2. It won't be arriving with their normal stock, nor kept with it.

travellingdawg

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
Just picked mine up - ordered it last Tuesday afternoon (stock config with upgrade to 8Gb). The initial status said that it would be in on Friday (the 21st). Over the weekend, it was changed to the 20th, and this morning (the 18th) I got an email and message saying that it was ready to pick up!

This is the Atlanta, Georgia area. I thought about having it shipped to my home, but since I ordered a custom configuration, I decided to pick it up at the store to make sure I got the right order.

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Thanks everyone!

Just ordered 13"/i7/8GB/256 GB

Says 6.27, hoping for 6.25 :)

Also, since this was bought with education discount, I hope they will honor whatever offer they have if that comes out before I receive it.

flyer

tjdaugherty

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2011
Has anyone else had experience with site to store? Does it typically take some time to get it shipped in?

Thanks.

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Has anyone else had experience with site to store? Does it typically take some time to get it shipped in?

Thanks.

Ordered mine(13"/i&/8Gig/256GB) at 10pm EST on Tuesday 6.18
Told me store would have it 6.27
As of now (6.20), status is "Preparing for shipment)

My **guess is I get it a few days earlier than the quoted 6.27, we'll see

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007

Thanks.

I CTO'd my MacBook Air (maxed out 8GB/13inch/512GB SSD), ordered online and shipped to store for pickup there. Ordered on the evening after the WWDC keynote, Was told it would arrive in store on the 20th, but it actually shipped early and arrived on the 17th.

FWIW: Mine came in the standard box, but had cellophane plastic wrapped around it with labels that had my name on it and a special barcode to scan, so the store staff knew who that particular MBA belonged to, and that it wasn't part of the regular for-sale stock.

SHIFTLife

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
Just call or go to your local store. Mine (Natick, MA) had nearly every model in stock. I got the top-of-the-line (i7, 8GB, 512GB) just walking in off the street.

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Wow, that was service.

To complete my thread.

Ordered mine(13"/i&/8Gig/256GB) at 10pm EST on Tuesday 6.18
Told me store would have it 6.27
As of now (6.20), status is "Preparing for shipment)
6-24 - 1pm - Email & Text saying I can pick it up! (3 days early)

SusanK

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2012
Items arrive sooner for me

Thanks.

I've used the store pickup for a few online orders. My items arrive 6-7 days ahead of schedule. I did not order the new MBA.

g4cube

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2003
I CTO'd my MacBook Air (maxed out 8GB/13inch/512GB SSD), ordered online and shipped to store for pickup there. Ordered on the evening after the WWDC keynote, Was told it would arrive in store on the 20th, but it actually shipped early and arrived on the 17th.

FWIW: Mine came in the standard box, but had cellophane plastic wrapped around it with labels that had my name on it and a special barcode to scan, so the store staff knew who that particular MBA belonged to, and that it wasn't part of the regular for-sale stock.

Same for me. I had it shipped to store since I had some travel planned during the anticipated delivery time. Came in a few days early, so I had it before leaving on my trip.

Another nice thing for store delivery is not having to wait for the delivery truck. Much more secure than having it left on the doorstep.

tjdaugherty

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2011
Just out of curiosity, how many people have gotten their ship-to-store order before the quoted date?

techguy20

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2010
Also, since this was bought with education discount, I hope they will honor whatever offer they have if that comes out before I receive it.

If you haven't already, give them a call and they'll send you an email with the $100 iTunes card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.