Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

progx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2003
Pennsylvania
I was thinking, after the announcement of the iPhone 5C, and iPhone 5S, are color hues returning to the iMac? Debut on the Mac Mini too?

After all, it's where it began. The Bondi Blue iMac G3 gave Apple a new lease on life. Your personalized computer, just by a single color and five, or six, choices. It would be fabulous to extend it back into the Mac hardware, specifically in the iMac and Mac Mini. It would complete you digital lifestyle and product cohesion.

What do you think?

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
Well, I read how the appliance industry is attempting a color revival.

Brushed aluminum OUT. Buy a new kitchen, or die of embarrassment. :rolleyes:

ElectronGuru

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
Well, I read how the appliance industry is attempting a color revival.

Brushed aluminum OUT. Buy a new kitchen, or die of embarrassment. :rolleyes:

They got a huge sales boost between the housing boom and having to replace all appliances to have a matched ss look. They want a new color so it happens again and are trying to inspire it. The desire came from seeing the nice kitchens on TV/movies with all the SS. Trouble is, nice kitchens on TV/movies still feature SS. So it ain't gunna work.

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
They lost the Pro within Apple
so ..yes ..colors will come back,
maybe this way you won't notice
the lack of a real Gpu...
its full or colors here..look..
it sports 56 more colors than before.
Oh..my:confused:

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I think......

the idea of colors in the new iPhones is about customization and have different options out of the box without breaking the bank......

And no, I am not seeing colorful Mac minis or Mac Pros.....:eek:

:):apple:

progx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2003
Pennsylvania
iMac would be the natural fit, if they were to do it again. I figured the iMac would get the 5S treatment and the Mini would have the 5C colors. I could see the 21 inch iMacs having the 5C colors, the the 27 inch the three 5S finishes.

Just a thought. Doubtful they'll try it on the Mac lines again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.