Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:08 PM   #1
ugahairydawgs
macrumors 68020

Chris Pirillo on Android vs iOS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL-0EFkA6Xg
ugahairydawgs is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:15 PM   #2
Dr McKay
macrumors Demi-God

Send a message via MSN to Dr McKay Send a message via Skype™ to Dr McKay
I thoroughly agree, neither OS is better than the other. Both are fantastic choices, it really depends on what type of person you are.

I've discovered Android is better for me. My Dad? An iPhone is better.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:24 PM   #3
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr McKay View Post
I thoroughly agree, neither OS is better than the other. Both are fantastic choices, it really depends on what type of person you are.

I've discovered Android is better for me. My Dad? An iPhone is better.
It has been this way all along, each OS has their own strengths and weakness. At the end of the day, it all boils down to consumer preferences, and which OS you like.
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:25 PM   #4
Vetvito
macrumors 6502

The cults of these warring factions will never listen to logic.
Vetvito is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:13 AM   #5
ugahairydawgs
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetvito View Post
Very well put. The sooner we get to the point where people realize that neither platform is perfect and that both have their segment of the population that finds one more useful than the other, the better we'll be.
ugahairydawgs is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:17 AM   #6
Keni0902
macrumors newbie

Competition boils down to better products for consumers!
Keni0902 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:26 AM   #7
THE JUICEMAN
macrumors 65816

Haha I happen to be watching this right now.
THE JUICEMAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:16 AM   #8
walie
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugahairydawgs View Post
Very well put. The sooner we get to the point where people realize that neither platform is perfect and that both have their segment of the population that finds one more useful than the other, the better we'll be.
OT: Why didnt he spike the ball?
walie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:22 AM   #9
THE JUICEMAN
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by walie View Post
Oh please don't bring this up. I'm still hurting.
THE JUICEMAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:31 AM   #10
ugahairydawgs
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by walie View Post
Bama was reeling. Just drove 77 yards in ~60 seconds and hit three pretty big plays in a row. Go for the jugular before Bama's D has a chance to collect themselves. Tried to hit the corner fade and use Conley underneath to suck in the DB. In theory you miss and the ball goes out of the endzone and you still have a play (maybe 2) to run. DE rushing off the edge just made a great play and blew it up and we had the unfortunate luck of having a guy in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They say that in hindsight they probably should have spiked it. I'm not so sure. I think it was a good, aggressive play and that rusher off the edge just made a better play.
ugahairydawgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:18 AM   #11
Prototypical
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetvito View Post
What boggles my mind is why there are "warring factions" at all. These are mobile devices, not religious beliefs or political systems (not that either of those are worth fighting over either). It's a phone for Pete's sake - one that you're likely to replace in six months to a year anyway... at least for the techno-philes that get involved in such debates.

As UGA said, both platforms have pros and cons, and neither is perfect. Like anything in life, choose the one that works best for you and enjoy it.
Prototypical is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:53 PM   #12
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototypical View Post
What boggles my mind is why there are "warring factions" at all. These are mobile devices, not religious beliefs or political systems (not that either of those are worth fighting over either). It's a phone for Pete's sake - one that you're likely to replace in six months to a year anyway... at least for the techno-philes that get involved in such debates.

As UGA said, both platforms have pros and cons, and neither is perfect. Like anything in life, choose the one that works best for you and enjoy it.
You answered your own question. Religion is simply a set of beliefs and it is probably the thing that has caused humans the most grief over our history on this planet. The device you choose, the car you drive, the sports team you back are all based on your beliefs. There are warring factions because of these beliefs. Frankly, the tech world is pretty tame. You don't hear about people getting into bar fights over which is the better phone. You do with some of the other things mentioned.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:56 PM   #13
onthecouchagain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
You answered your own question. Religion is simply a set of beliefs and it is probably the thing that has caused humans the most grief over our history on this planet. The device you choose, the car you drive, the sports team you back are all based on your beliefs. There are warring factions because of these beliefs. Frankly, the tech world is pretty tame. You don't hear about people getting into bar fights over which is the better phone. You do with some of the other things mentioned.
Aye. Very many people suffer and die over differences in religion, sometimes over the same religion. Just ask the middle east where there is frequent Muslim on Muslim violence.

Tech world fighting on a message board where freedom of speech (sort of) is allowed? Tame, indeed.
onthecouchagain is offline   3 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices