Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 8, 2013, 07:11 PM   #26
chrmjenkins
macrumors 601
 
chrmjenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinsarah View Post
Hmm, spend a grand to get this or simply show the picture on my iPad to the person sitting next to me. Not really a selling point.
Can you not imagine a business or demonstration scenario where more than 1 person may need to see the content at once?
__________________
Twitter: @anexanhume
chrmjenkins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 01:07 AM   #27
Pakaku
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdonath View Post
Channels? What are these "channels" of which you speak? Ah, right, an anachronism from the 20th Century. Welcome to 2013, where on-demand 4K streaming is emerging. I haven't watched a "channel" for close to a decade now.
Now that's a smart feature I can live with

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrmjenkins View Post
Can you not imagine a business or demonstration scenario where more than 1 person may need to see the content at once?
Why do you need a smart tv to do that? Just plug your laptop into the TV.
Pakaku is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 02:31 AM   #28
chrmjenkins
macrumors 601
 
chrmjenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakaku View Post

Why do you need a smart tv to do that? Just plug your laptop into the TV.
What laptop? You left it at your desk. And the TV is mounted into a wood panel. You'd need the company IT guy to get access. Etc. etc.
chrmjenkins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:33 AM   #29
sparkso
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
still 1080p?
Isn't it time for 4K Ultra HD TVs?
__________________
Free Music Downloader
sparkso is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:39 AM   #30
chrmjenkins
macrumors 601
 
chrmjenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkso View Post
still 1080p?
Isn't it time for 4K Ultra HD TVs?
Those were announced too. Panasonic showed off a 4K OLED TV. But would you buy one without an interconnect standard defined to handle it, no disc format standard (Sony says they'll make 4K Blu Rays, but who knows if it will require a whole new player) and no way to certify a display as fully UHD compliant right now (you have to have at least one digital input capable of accepting a 4k signal, which doesn't even exist yet)? You're basically hoping those things will work and buying it for the upconverting. What if, by the time all this stuff is decided, 8K TVs start coming around?
__________________
Twitter: @anexanhume
chrmjenkins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:50 AM   #31
sparkso
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrmjenkins View Post
Those were announced too. Panasonic showed off a 4K OLED TV. But would you buy one without an interconnect standard defined to handle it, no disc format standard (Sony says they'll make 4K Blu Rays, but who knows if it will require a whole new player) and no way to certify a display as fully UHD compliant right now (you have to have at least one digital input capable of accepting a 4k signal, which doesn't even exist yet)? You're basically hoping those things will work and buying it for the upconverting. What if, by the time all this stuff is decided, 8K TVs start coming around?
I would buy one just to show off at home by playing the demo video.
__________________
Free Music Downloader
sparkso is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC