Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonaskoop

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
I have experienced the same disconnecting issue...

I have only tried with on type of CF card though - Kingston Ultimate x266 32GB.
But with three different ones, same problem occurs :mad:

Anyone gotten closer to a solution?

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
Did you update the latest firmware? The robgalbraith.com article stated the older firmwares might cause problems. I just ordered it the Delock and hope it doesn't lock up my computer. OSx mountain lion on mbpro 2010.

I have experienced the same disconnecting issue...

I have only tried with on type of CF card though - Kingston Ultimate x266 32GB.
But with three different ones, same problem occurs :mad:

Anyone gotten closer to a solution?

----------

Hi PDiddy,

How long is the Firewire 800 cable on your Delock CF reader? I just ordered a 12 inch left-angled cable from angledcables.com so I can stick the reader(using velcro) on the top back of the macbook pro display(13") for quick ingesting of images via photo mechanic. is yours still working?

i just order mine from memorydepot and it's a lot cheaper than the other places
$60 total including shipping.

Just received mine today, will post my impressions when I get home and test it.

:)

george-brooks

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I just picked one up from EverythingHerePlus they shipped it Priority Mail for $5.20. I'm especially impressed by the diminutive size and aluminum case. I just wish Delock made a Thunderbolt version, like their XQD readers.
http://www.everythinghereplus.com/electronics/delock-firewire-800-to-udma-compactflash-drive-read-writer

It looks Synchrotech carries them too, and they've posted benchmarks with it and several alternatives:
http://www.synchrotech.com/support/reader-compactflash-performance-benchmarks-udma.html

Wow thanks! This looks great! Maybe I'll have to pick one up

netvista

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2012
For the ones who are interested, there is a firmware update available now for the cardreader which solves the compatibility issues with 10.6.8.. It can be downloaded here. The cardreader works perfectly now with Mountain Lion :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.