Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jun 17, 2013, 07:13 PM   #576
ecapdeville
macrumors member

Send a message via MSN to ecapdeville Send a message via Skype™ to ecapdeville
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickerman1893 View Post
...However, professionals are going to be using real cameras that need to save to an sd card...
Professional cameras uses Compact Flash memory cards (CF) as a standard, consumer cameras use SD cards.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 08:07 PM   #577
ecapdeville
macrumors member

Send a message via MSN to ecapdeville Send a message via Skype™ to ecapdeville
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickoo View Post
Except you can't copy files to iPads via WiFi.
Of course you can, via dropbox for example
Old Jun 18, 2013, 05:45 AM   #578
pirg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
It's like how some people talk about the "superior" single speaker that faces away from you on the iPad, vs. the "ugly and overdone" front facing stereo speakers on the Nexus 10.

"You make fun of Apple's superior back-facing patented iSoundAlright speaker because you either don't understand it (foolish fanboy), or are paid off by Samsung. When I put it down on a table, it bounces off the wood and makes such a beautiful sound. It's brilliant! Why would I want two speakers when I have one that does the job even better? Though as usual, the Apple Haters come in talking about it because they have better specs on their useless plastic piece of junk orwhatever. But as any true Apple fan will tell you, it's not about specs, it's about user experience. One speaker is good enough for 99% of the population".
Who says that?
pirg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 10:32 AM   #579
AppleScruff1
macrumors 604

Quote:
It's like how some people talk about the "superior" single speaker that faces away from you on the iPad, vs. the "ugly and overdone" front facing stereo speakers on the Nexus 10.

"You make fun of Apple's superior back-facing patented iSoundAlright speaker because you either don't understand it (foolish fanboy), or are paid off by Samsung. When I put it down on a table, it bounces off the wood and makes such a beautiful sound. It's brilliant! Why would I want two speakers when I have one that does the job even better? Though as usual, the Apple Haters come in talking about it because they have better specs on their useless plastic piece of junk orwhatever. But as any true Apple fan will tell you, it's not about specs, it's about user experience. One speaker is good enough for 99% of the population".
I think you covered it in a nutshell.
AppleScruff1 is online now   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:48 AM   #580
rjohnstone
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecapdeville View Post
Professional cameras uses Compact Flash memory cards (CF) as a standard, consumer cameras use SD cards.
Pro cameras use both.

Canon 1D Mk III
Recording Media

CF Card Type I and II, SD/SDHC Memory Card (1 slot each), and/or External media (USB v.2.0 hard drive, via optional Canon WFT-E2A transmitter)

Canon 1D Mk IV
Recording Media

CF Card Type I and II, SD/SDHC Memory Card (1 slot each), UDMA Mode 6 CF cards and/or External media (USB v.2.0 hard drive, via optional Canon Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E2/E2A or Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E2 IIA*)

Nikon chose to screw it's top two cameras out of SD in favor of a XQD card. All the rest of their cameras have an SD option.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 02:37 PM   #581
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirg View Post
Who says that?
No one specifically. What I'm doing is making fun of the way some people will justify EVERYTHING Apple does, good or bad. I used the iPad speaker as an example because, to me, it's the worst thing about it, then tried to justify how great it actually was by using all the tried and true arguments people lean on around here. Ending it with the always excellent "it's like this because it's all the average consumer needs".

My experiences with Apple have been that when they do something right, they really do something right. Unfortunately, they're also just as good at doing something wrong. There's no middle ground with Apple. It's either "wow, they really nailed it", or "good god, this is terrible, how can you people defend this".
Renzatic is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:04 AM   #582
pirg
Banned

Quote:
No one specifically. What I'm doing is making fun of the way some people will justify EVERYTHING Apple does, good or bad. I used the iPad speaker as an example because, to me, it's the worst thing about it, then tried to justify how great it actually was by using all the tried and true arguments people lean on around here. Ending it with the always excellent "it's like this because it's all the average consumer needs".
Of course, the truth being it's just different people with different opinions. Something that has been proven time and time again, and yet the generalizations never stop. Guess this forum would be boring if people couldn't generalize millions of ios users? *shrugs*

Quote:
My experiences with Apple have been that when they do something right, they really do something right. Unfortunately, they're also just as good at doing something wrong. There's no middle ground with Apple. It's either "wow, they really nailed it", or "good god, this is terrible, how can you people defend this".
I think the same is true with every company. Don't think I've ever heard any one ever say "wow they did it just medium!" about any company ever.
pirg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 05:24 AM   #583
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
This thread is pure magic!

Asking a community of die-hard Mac fans what they think about a Microsoft commercial... ...bashing the iPad. Brilliant!

Now, I'm off to a vegan site asking what they think about bacon for breakfast.
Yeah... I find it really funny that, now that we knw there still won't be multipane / multiwindow mltitask in the iPad version of iOS7, many Apple fanboys still state it'd be absolutely useless.

It's a GREAT feature on both WinRT and Samsung's larger-screen devices - and, according to the Android rumors, Android 5.0 will support it too out of the box, on all large-screen devices.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirg View Post
Who says that?
Someone that has never handled a phone (for example, the in this regard, stunningly good Nokia N95) / tablet with proper stereo speakers. Or, a 1000000% Apple fanboy
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 05:45 AM   #584
Luis Ortega
macrumors 6502a

The ad is not really accurate.
Siri would more likely get half of its responses wrong and throw up incoherent nonsense replies instead.
The last time I used it, I asked about art shops in Epsom and it told me about restaurants in London.
Of course, it's still in beta, so we can't expect much.
Luis Ortega is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 09:57 AM   #585
pirg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys2 View Post

Someone that has never handled a phone (for example, the in this regard, stunningly good Nokia N95) / tablet with proper stereo speakers. Or, a 1000000% Apple fanboy
You'll find that a 10000000% apple fanboy doesn't exist, but as I mentioned this forum would be boring if people weren't allowed to just generalize and lump millions of users into the isheep bucket
pirg is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion