Any Wordpress wizards? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:34 PM   #1
mcdj
macrumors 603

Any Wordpress wizards?

Big WP noob here, looking for a quick painless way to get some photos up into 3 or 4 categories in a simple elegant manner. There are waaaay too many templates out there to sift through.

I don't want the photos to be separate blog posts. I don't want captions or comments. I just want a few pages of grids of photos, in categories like People, Places, Things, like the mockup in the link. For viewing, I'd like people not to leave the page, just a lightbox.

I comped this mockup from Authentic Themes, but this is a mashup of 2 of their themes, neither of which functions the way I'd like. Plus they have zero contact info, otherwise I'd ask them if they'd be interested in a custom commission.

So if someone here can put together something like this mockup, that easily allows me to rearrange/crop thumbnails, add content, change font colors/weights, etc., let me know what you would charge. Happy to pay the right person.

Alternatively, if someone knows of a theme that looks and functions like I've described, I'd be highly appreciative of a link

Thanks.

Old Aug 25, 2013, 07:59 AM   #2
TonyK
macrumors 6502

To me you are describing a photo album. JAlbum would be able to do this for you though some work may be needed to get it exactly like your mock-up.
TonyK is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:04 AM   #3
zed
macrumors 6502

This one, perhaps:

http://demo.cosmothemes.com/tripod-colored/

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development