Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gara56

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
Forunately, I'm still on IOS 5.1.1. on my seen to be 3yr old iphone 4. Now it seems that Apple is forcing application developers to check for jailbroken devices before using their application. This really sucks--especially since my phone has already been unlocked by my carrier. That means I paid my debt to the carrier and Apple in full and more. Seems Apple's ios in going downhill as fast as it's ability to stop on top of the tech innovation platform. Poor SJ is probably rolling over in his g....:(

jowie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
London ish
Now it seems that Apple is forcing application developers to check for jailbroken devices before using their application.
Apple don't force developers to do any such thing. If a developer is checking for it, they are doing so of their own accord. Apple could build a jailbreak detection into the iOS if they wanted to, but they don't. They only patch security holes taken advantage of by jailbreaks.

gara56

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
Apple don't force developers to do any such thing. If a developer is checking for it, they are doing so of their own accord. Apple could build a jailbreak detection into the iOS if they wanted to, but they don't. They only patch security holes taken advantage of by jailbreaks.

Apple is having problems putting out reliable ios releases let alone jailbreak detection. If memory serves--you can also by-passcode. At lease they still make some good hardware.

iHeartSox

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2013
Did there have a competition called "Worst Pie Chart of The Year", and this pie chart wanna be the 1st?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.