Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stropaganda

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
So I'm a Verizon employee. I get a discount on their service to the point where it is the same or less than a prepaid plan. As such, I cannot leave their network as that is just too good of a deal. So now I am stuck with the dilemma of what phone to upgrade to. Right now I have a Galaxy Nexus and the battery is really pissing me off. I'm not sure if it is because it's always been like that or the battery is just old and tired. I don't remember it being this bad. My battery info screen doesn't look like a rolling hill, but rather cliff diving. So coming from that, I have a couple options:

Employee RAZR MAXX HD for $200. (Long battery, mostly stock android, better phone ergonomics)
Employee DNA for $100 with free wireless charging pad. (Beastly specs, wireless charging pad, half the price)
Extended battery from Amazon for $40. (Stock android, cheap, keep upgrade for later)

DNA seems like the best deal, but the battery concerns me. Is it better than the Galaxy Nexus? By how much?

For all my Verizon comrades, what phone do you currently have and what phone would you upgrade to right now?

Last edited:

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
My girlfriends Droid 2 was stolen at a bar last night (I know who in the world would actually steal that). So now we need to get her a new phone.

Her not being into phone I made a short list.

Droid 4 - she actually likes slide out keyboards and this would be similar to her Droid 2
Note 2 - probably to big for her but worth check out
S3 - Same as note 2
Razr M - I like this, small with a big screen
IPhone 4S or 5 - good option for her because it works well with her web based work email. She uses widgets and stuff current though.

This is probably the worst time to need a phone with the crowds of black Friday tomorrow. DNA is an option but its still new and she doesn't really need latest and greatest.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
My girlfriends Droid 2 was stolen at a bar last night (I know who in the world would actually steal that). So now we need to get her a new phone.

Her not being into phone I made a short list.

Droid 4 - she actually likes slide out keyboards and this would be similar to her Droid 2
Note 2 - probably to big for her but worth check out
S3 - Same as note 2
Razr M - I like this, small with a big screen
IPhone 4S or 5 - good option for her because it works well with her web based work email. She uses widgets and stuff current though.

This is probably the worst time to need a phone with the crowds of black Friday tomorrow. DNA is an option but its still new and she doesn't really need latest and greatest.

My gf decided on the S3. She is actually called me and said she just picked it up (1230 pm Black Friday).

I'm pretty excited because I've only been able to play with friends S3's now I can get some real hands on time with it. She also told me my nexus 10 was delivered. Sucks I'm working this weekend and won't have a good chance to play with all these new toys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.