Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HeroBiX

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
I tried downgrade my MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) to 10.6 from 10.8, it was delivered with 10.8

When I try start it with Snow Leopard install DVD, I get grey screen of doom, tried install it connect it with firewire to my other laptop, but it got stack at the apple logo when starting up

Got to the Genius bar and finally we figured out that I need to have 10.8 installed to support my hardware. I could get 10.7, but it's not 100% supported

My question is, is there any possible to get 10.6 running smoothly on my MacBook Pro? a way of installing drivers for my hardware?

Thanks

jvpython

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
New Zealand
No you can't. Apple has no reason to support 10.6 on new machines and I'm pretty sure you won't find anything to help you online

Hexley

Suspended
Jun 10, 2009
Why do you need to downgrade? You can virtualize 10.6, I guess.

You could also buy used MBPro that support 10.6 like a 2006 MBPro for about $200 on eBay.

I tried downgrade my MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) to 10.6 from 10.8, it was delivered with 10.8

When I try start it with Snow Leopard install DVD, I get grey screen of doom, tried install it connect it with firewire to my other laptop, but it got stack at the apple logo when starting up

Got to the Genius bar and finally we figured out that I need to have 10.8 installed to support my hardware. I could get 10.7, but it's not 100% supported

My question is, is there any possible to get 10.6 running smoothly on my MacBook Pro? a way of installing drivers for my hardware?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.