Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattA

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Orlando, FL
I bought BG last week, and it's just as I remembered it. It works perfectly on the iPad 2. The cool thing is it's ultraportable now. You can actually play it anytime, anywhere. :D

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
I never would have guessed...

So, there I was all set to buy BG EE for my iPad...but I'm not upgrading yet to iOS 6, so I can't get it (yet)...

And it still isn't available for the Mac yet? I don't see it on the App Store?

But it doesn't matter I guess...Planescape: Torment was on sale yesterday on GOG, so I bought that, and I'm playing it on my MBA via Wineskin. And so far, I'm lovin' it!

Who would have thought?

Renzatic

Suspended
So, there I was all set to buy BG EE for my iPad...but I'm not upgrading yet to iOS 6, so I can't get it (yet)...

Eh, Siri is pretty fun to play with, and Dotemu just released the Raiden series in the app store. Jailbreaking's fun, but I'm coming around to the opinion that it's not 100% necessary to do to get the most out of your iPad.

...more like 65%, I'd say.

And it still isn't available for the Mac yet? I don't see it on the App Store?

But it doesn't matter I guess...Planescape: Torment was on sale yesterday on GOG, so I bought that, and I'm playing it on my MBA via Wineskin. And so far, I'm lovin' it!

Who would have thought?

The one major reason why I'm buying them for the iPad (besides having it on a portable device I can touchscreen my way through) is that that I'm throwing in my buck, hoping it gets enough support to show developers that the platform is perfectly capable of handing complex games of BGs caliber.

It's the major reason why I got it. I already own all the Infinity Engine games besides Icewind Dale 2 through GOG these days. It's why I also suggest you do the same when you get the chance.

Nova Sensei

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2012
I tried to purchase BG on my iPad, but only have 2.5gb free. The game takes 1.7gb, but i guess the installer is much larger?

ultra7k

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
So it look like the Mac version was rejected from the App store, guess we'll have to wait for the new year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.