Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:56 PM   #1
PT123
macrumors member

Buying a new 15" antiglare - resale value when they are phased out?

I'm thinking of buying a new MBP with antiglare screen before they are phased out this summer.

For the first time ever I've started to think about resale value as I used to give my devices to family members, but by now they are all well 'd.

Obviously some professionals prefer antiglare screen - do you think buying one now will mean plenty of demand for second hand ones when they disappear or poorer resale market as the option becomes obsolete?
PT123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:23 PM   #2
p77
macrumors newbie

likely to go south

i've a hunch its likely to fetch you a bit less since, i doubt, most professionals willing to pay extra for an anti-glare option will be in the market for a second hand 3 year old computer. the only people buying 2nd hand laptops will be those that get glossed over by those shiny screens *pun intended*
p77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:40 PM   #3
PT123
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p77 View Post
i've a hunch its likely to fetch you a bit less since, i doubt, most professionals willing to pay extra for an anti-glare option will be in the market for a second hand 3 year old computer. the only people buying 2nd hand laptops will be those that get glossed over by those shiny screens *pun intended*
True but professionals who like the antiglare and can afford new laptops won't have any choice since the antiglare option is going to be extinct!
PT123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice