Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lukefinch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2009
South Yorkshire, England
I was using the NHL app on my Apple TV yesterday. I came out of the app and it has been gone ever since. I've tried to reset and restore my Apple TV and it still isn't there.

Has it disappeared for anyone else?

stomer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
On your UK iTunes account? I didn’t realise it was ever available in the UK but it should be since Gamecenter is available on the Xbox in the UK.

My US account had the NHL app but many of the games were blacked out on Saturday.

lukefinch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2009
South Yorkshire, England
Yes it was always on there. The games were also blacked out for me on Saturday. I managed to watch the rangers game yesterday on my TV by streaming it from my phone with AirPlay. It was a bit inconveient and not great quality but it was an OK temporary solution.

stomer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
I pay for a VPN service that allows me to bypass the restrictions on the blacked out games. I can’t set up a VPN on my Apple TV but I can on my iOS devices and stream to the AppleTV.
The app was completely hosed on Saturday night (Xbox version too).

lukefinch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2009
South Yorkshire, England
I pay for a VPN service that allows me to bypass the restrictions on the blacked out games. I can’t set up a VPN on my Apple TV but I can on my iOS devices and stream to the AppleTV.
The app was completely hosed on Saturday night (Xbox version too).

I've fixed it now. I also use a VPN. I reconfigured the DNS settings and sure enough I was able to stream the games to my Apple TV.

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
for those getting games blacked out, signup for Unblock US, 5$ a month gets the blackout restricted, its what i used all football season to watch the nationally televised games (i dont have cable or OTA)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.