Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shuffles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
dublin, ireland
I'm having trouble inserting a logo into an iMovie. I used Pixelmator to create a transparent logo, inserted it into my iMovie project and selected 'picture in picture' mode but I can't seem to make it fit in between the green and red boxes in the ken burns setting. It's too big. I've tried resizing the image in preview but nothing is working. Can I resize it once it's in the project? This is wrecking my head.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

http://s1201.beta.photobucket.com/u...enShot2013-01-18at145844_zpsbadb4765.png.html

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Are you wanting to use the Ken Burns effect? If not then just click on the Done button in the top righthand corner, and then you can re-size and move the image as required.

shuffles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
dublin, ireland
I need the logo to be transparent as I don't want any border around the logo taking up screen real estate. Will it work if I do it that way?

shuffles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
dublin, ireland
Also on a side note, I upgraded my 2009 iMac yesterday to Mountain Lion before I bought iMovie. It's 2.4ghz with 2GB of ram.

iMovie has been working perfectly all day but now all of a sudden it keeps shutting down. I can't play any clips let alone finalize or export a project. I know my Mac is pretty old but everything was fine a few hours ago. I've tried quitting every application and shutting down the computer but nothing is working. What would make this happen all of a sudden? If it's a ram problem surely this would have happened as soon as I updated the OSX and bought iMovie yesterday?

Any suggestions?

shuffles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
dublin, ireland
Cheers for that. I followed the steps but I keep getting a black border around the logo. Although right now my iMovie isn't working at all anyway

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.